* [dpdk-announce] DPDK Governing Board - Update, Meeting Minutes, DPDK Summit Userspace
@ 2017-09-19 23:46 St Leger, Jim
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: St Leger, Jim @ 2017-09-19 23:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: dev, announce; +Cc: govboard
[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3734 bytes --]
I am quite delinquent in sharing some news of the DPDK Project Governing Board and what the board has been up to since launching the project back in April. Below is a summary of the board members and a list of our activities and major accomplishments.
You'll recall that one of the driving factors the community stated that led to the project moving into the Linux Foundation was the ability to raise and manage funds that would then be applied to support events, marketing efforts, and a performance lab. The board has worked hard to create a budget that prioritizes these aspects. They also have created sub-teams that are off driving each of these efforts forward.
Our third DPDK Summit Userspace event is next week in Dublin. We had over fifty abstract submittals for talks, a new project record! A community team reviewed all of the abstracts (be sure to thank them for volunteering their time) and has formalized the agenda https://dpdksummit.com/. On the agenda there are sessions where both the Tech Board and Governing Board will share information and also have an open Q&A panel session.
I look forward to seeing many of you in Dublin next week. Thanks.
DPDK Project Governing Board Chair
Summarized DPDK Project Governing Board Meeting Minutes:
DPDK board was established in May 2017, with the first meeting held on May 8th. The board has since convened on May 22nd, June 5th, 19th and July 10th.
Board members (as of July 17th) - based off of the current membership posted at http://dpdk.org/about#members
Gold: ARM, Bob Monkman (Vice-Chair)
Gold: AT&T, Steven Nurenberg
Gold: Cavium, John Bromhead (Treasurer)
Gold: Intel, Jim St. Leger (Chair)
Gold: Mellanox, Erez Scop
Gold: NXP, Jaswinder Singh
Gold: RedHat, Dave Neary
Gold: ZTE, Songming Yan
Silver Representative: George Zhao, Huawei
TSC Representative: Hemant Agrawal, NXP
- Adopted the project charter (link: http://dpdk.org/about/charter).
- Formalized the roles of the board members.
- Held election for and appointed Silver member representative; George Zhao from Huawei.
- Discussed and agreed on activities and necessary budget for first year.
- Reviewed the project regression lab working committee's finding and recommendations and agreed to establish and fund the DPDK testing lab at the University of New Hampshire.
- Supported DPDK's co-located mini-summit together with FD.io at OPNFV summit, in Beijing China.
- Developed and approved the budget for the first year of operations (May 17 through April 18th).
- DPDK Budget anticipates revenues of $540,000 and expenses totaling $490,000 in the first year. Costs were allocated as shown:
And since this graphic image might not come through on the mailing lists the budget breaks down as follows:
45% Marketing subtotal (events, website, outreach, etc.)
6% Legal subtotal
9% General & administrative
12% Sales & operations subtotal
19% Development subtotal
9% Budget reserve
- DPDK will host DPDK Summits in the coming quarter (Remember to save the dates):
= DPDK Userspace, Dublin - September 26-27, 2017. CFP closed 25 August. Please register!
= DPDK Summit, San Jose - November 14-15, 2017 at Club Auto Sport. (Note OVS Conf is Nov 16-17 at the same location.) Registration is open http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/dpdk-north-america-summit/ and the CFP is open through October 4 http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/dpdk-north-america-summit/program/cfp
[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 13159 bytes --]
[-- Attachment #2: image003.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 51136 bytes --]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-09-19 23:46 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-09-19 23:46 [dpdk-announce] DPDK Governing Board - Update, Meeting Minutes, DPDK Summit Userspace St Leger, Jim
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).