DPDK announcements
From: "St Leger, Jim" <jim.st.leger@intel.com>
To: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
	"announce@dpdk.org" <announce@dpdk.org>,
	"govboard@dpdk.org" <govboard@dpdk.org>,
	"techboard@dpdk.org" <techboard@dpdk.org>
Cc: Jill Lovato <jlovato@linuxfoundation.org>,
	"Trishan de Lanerolle (tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org)"
	<tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org>
Subject: [dpdk-announce] DPDK Governing Board - meeting minutes 03 Dec 2018
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 06:05:36 +0000	[thread overview]

DPDK Community:

What a great year we've had! The development community continues to raise the bar with the biggest ever release in 18.05 and another very big release in 18.11.  I'm guessing the 19.xx releases will continue the trend as DPDK sees increasing adoption and usage across the networking and comms industries.

In 2019 we again hosted four community DPDK Summit events in India, China, Ireland, and the USA.  These events continue to bring the community together including engineers looking to learn more about DPDK, developers sharing their work, and architects using DPDK to transform their networks. These events are always a highlight for me seeing all of the innovation and collaboration on stage. As always, you can watch recordings of all of the talks at our archived events page https://www.dpdk.org/news/past-events/

Below are the summary minutes for the DPDK Governing Board meeting we held in San Jose on December 3rd. The governing board meetings typically follow an agenda of financial review, marketing activities review, special agenda topic discussions, and future plans. This meeting was no different.

Lastly, I want to thank all of you for making the DPDK Project the best open source networking project. Thanks to all of your hard work and selfless contributions we are moving an industry in a new direction. It's fantastic to be part of that effort.

I want to wish all of you the very best holidays. Enjoy some time with your family and friends. 2019 is right around the corner. We'll see you at one of the DPDK Summit events!

Cheers,
Jim o<|8^D

Jim St. Leger
DPDK Governing Board, Chair

DPDK Governing board held meeting on December 3rd, during DPDK Summit North America, San Jose. Highlights include:
- DPDK's premier representatives unanimously reiterated their continued financial support for DPDK project in the coming year.
- A review of the 2018 budget spending categories and allocations was conducted. This information was also shared during the DPDK Summit USA opening remarks https://youtu.be/jUqInAZkrnw?t=678.
- The board approved preliminary 2019 operational budget, with decision to explore efficiencies with the event series in the 2019 pipeline.
  -DPDK project is looking to expand events into new geographic regions and increase its reach in the new year. If you are interested in supporting DPDK events, as a sponsor please contact our events team at events@dpdk.org
- The DPDK Community lab hosting and support contract has been extended for 2019. If you are interested in contributing gear or participating in the Community lab, contact us at ci@dpdk.org
- DPDK governing board discussed the pros/cons of having the DPDK Project join the Linux Foundation Networking (LFN) umbrella project.  There was no vote, and there are no current plans to join LFN. However, the board decided to re-evaluate possible DPDK LFN participation in Q2 2019. We will continue to monitor LFN as it matures and adds additional projects such as Tungsten Fabric.
- The marketing working group will continue to develop marketing plan for coming year, looking to highlight the increasing adoption and use of DPDK.
- The DPDK board will explore potential avenues of collaboration and partnership with the SPDK (Storage Performance Dev Kit, spdk.io) community.

Join the DPDK community in the upcoming regional summit on March 9th in Bangalore India.
CFP: https://www.dpdk.org/event/dpdk-summit-bangalore-2019/