* [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.11-rc1
@ 2020-10-20 16:50 Thomas Monjalon
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-10-20 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
There are 1265 new patches in this snapshot, being the biggest -rc1 ever.
Like the previous LTS, the API of this -rc1 is exceptionnally not frozen.
More major changes are pending for -rc2.
Highlights of 20.11-rc1, grouped by category:
- write combining store API
- prefetch with intention to write API
- cldemote API
- SIMD bitwidth limit API
- Windows PCI netuio
- moved igb_uio to dpdk-kmods/linux
- removed Python 2 support
- removed Make support
- CRC optimization for Intel AVX-512
- FEC API
- Rx buffer split
- thread safety in flow API
- shared action in flow API
- flow sampling and mirroring
- tunnel offload API
- multi-port hairpin
- Solarflare EF100 architecture
- vhost-vDPA backend in virtio-user
- removed vhost dequeue zero-copy
- SWX pipeline aligned with P4
- Intel ACC100 driver
- raw datapath API
- Broadcom BCMFS symmetric crypto driver
- Marvell OCTEON TX2 regex driver
- ACL optimized for Intel AVX-512
- Intel DSA support in IOAT driver
Please test and report issues on bugs.dpdk.org.
DPDK 20.11-rc2 is expected at the end of this month.
Let's be reactive and focus on this important milestone.
Thank you everyone
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-10-20 16:50 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-20 16:50 [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.11-rc1 Thomas Monjalon
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).