DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.08-rc2
@ 2020-07-22  1:01 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-07-22  1:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v20.08-rc2

There are 201 new patches in this snapshot.

Release notes:
	http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_20_08.html

Highlights of 20.08-rc2:
	- new mempool ring modes (RTS/HTS)
	- new mlx5 regex driver
	- warning when adding call to legacy atomic API
	- warning when using Python 2

Some driver features have been dropped in last minute,
but are candidates for 20.08-rc3.
Except those exceptions, -rc3 should include only some bug fixes,
simple cleanups, doc and tooling.
We have one week to complete this milestone.
Then one more week (allowing -rc4) should be needed before the release.

Please test and report issues on bugs.dpdk.org.
As a community, we must close as many bugs as possible for -rc3.

Only two weeks are remaining to discuss API/ABI changes
allowed in the next major LTS branch (20.11).

Thank you everyone