DPDK announcements
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-announce] call to join Linux Foundation
@ 2016-02-15 15:15 Thomas Monjalon
  2016-02-16 16:22 ` O'Driscoll, Tim
  2016-02-16 17:02 ` [dpdk-announce] [dpdk-dev] " Stephen Hemminger
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2016-02-15 15:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

After few meetings and emails, it has been agreed to work with
the Linux Foundation to assist the growing community of the DPDK.

The outlines and the budget are described in this email by Tim O'Driscoll:
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-February/032720.html

We need around ten companies to contribute to this small effort and
become a supporter of the initiative.

As suggested by Dave Neary, the next step is to draft a membership
agreement and identify the members of this new lightweight foundation:
	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-February/032909.html

Please, it would be great to use this thread to announce the official
commitment of your company to support the DPDK community!

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-announce] call to join Linux Foundation
  2016-02-15 15:15 [dpdk-announce] call to join Linux Foundation Thomas Monjalon
@ 2016-02-16 16:22 ` O'Driscoll, Tim
  2016-02-16 16:34   ` Vincent JARDIN
  2016-02-16 17:02 ` [dpdk-announce] [dpdk-dev] " Stephen Hemminger
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2016-02-16 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, announce


> -----Original Message-----
> From: announce [mailto:announce-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
> Monjalon
> Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 3:15 PM
> To: announce@dpdk.org
> Subject: [dpdk-announce] call to join Linux Foundation
> 
> After few meetings and emails, it has been agreed to work with
> the Linux Foundation to assist the growing community of the DPDK.	
> 
> The outlines and the budget are described in this email by Tim
> O'Driscoll:
> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-February/032720.html
> 
> We need around ten companies to contribute to this small effort and
> become a supporter of the initiative.
> 
> As suggested by Dave Neary, the next step is to draft a membership
> agreement and identify the members of this new lightweight foundation:
> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-February/032909.html
> 
> Please, it would be great to use this thread to announce the official
> commitment of your company to support the DPDK community!

Thanks Thomas for progressing this. Intel will support moving the DPDK community to the Linux Foundation as we believe this will be in the best long-term interests of the project.


Tim

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-announce] call to join Linux Foundation
  2016-02-16 16:22 ` O'Driscoll, Tim
@ 2016-02-16 16:34   ` Vincent JARDIN
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Vincent JARDIN @ 2016-02-16 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: O'Driscoll, Tim, Thomas Monjalon, announce

Le 16/02/2016 17:22, O'Driscoll, Tim a écrit :
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: announce [mailto:announce-bounces@dpdk.org] On Behalf Of Thomas
>> Monjalon
>> Sent: Monday, February 15, 2016 3:15 PM
>> To: announce@dpdk.org
>> Subject: [dpdk-announce] call to join Linux Foundation
>>
>> After few meetings and emails, it has been agreed to work with
>> the Linux Foundation to assist the growing community of the DPDK.	
>>
>> The outlines and the budget are described in this email by Tim
>> O'Driscoll:
>> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-February/032720.html
>>
>> We need around ten companies to contribute to this small effort and
>> become a supporter of the initiative.
>>
>> As suggested by Dave Neary, the next step is to draft a membership
>> agreement and identify the members of this new lightweight foundation:
>> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-February/032909.html
>>
>> Please, it would be great to use this thread to announce the official
>> commitment of your company to support the DPDK community!
>
> Thanks Thomas for progressing this. Intel will support moving the DPDK community to the Linux Foundation as we believe this will be in the best long-term interests of the project.

Tim, Thomas,

On 6WIND side, we'd like more time (Months) since recent evolutions of 
the environment can have some $/€ impacts.

Best regards,
   Vincent

>
>
> Tim
>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-announce] [dpdk-dev]  call to join Linux Foundation
  2016-02-15 15:15 [dpdk-announce] call to join Linux Foundation Thomas Monjalon
  2016-02-16 16:22 ` O'Driscoll, Tim
@ 2016-02-16 17:02 ` " Stephen Hemminger
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2016-02-16 17:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: announce

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:15:17 +0100
Thomas Monjalon <thomas.monjalon@6wind.com> wrote:

> After few meetings and emails, it has been agreed to work with
> the Linux Foundation to assist the growing community of the DPDK.
> 
> The outlines and the budget are described in this email by Tim O'Driscoll:
> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-February/032720.html
> 
> We need around ten companies to contribute to this small effort and
> become a supporter of the initiative.
> 
> As suggested by Dave Neary, the next step is to draft a membership
> agreement and identify the members of this new lightweight foundation:
> 	http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2016-February/032909.html
> 
> Please, it would be great to use this thread to announce the official
> commitment of your company to support the DPDK community!
> 

Brocade supports this transition and is happy to be part of the community
ensuring the long term support of DPDK.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2016-02-15 15:15 [dpdk-announce] call to join Linux Foundation Thomas Monjalon
2016-02-16 16:22 ` O'Driscoll, Tim
2016-02-16 16:34   ` Vincent JARDIN
2016-02-16 17:02 ` [dpdk-announce] [dpdk-dev] " Stephen Hemminger

DPDK announcements

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/announce/0 announce/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 announce announce/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/announce \
		announce@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index announce


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.announce


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox