DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] release candidate 20.11-rc2
@ 2020-11-04 22:02 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-11-04 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v20.11-rc2

There are 628 new patches in this snapshot.
The good news is that -rc2 is smaller than -rc1 ;)

Release notes:
	http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_20_11.html

Highlights of 20.11-rc2:
	- ring zero copy
	- mbuf dynamic fields space increased from 16 to 36 bytes
	- removed mbuf userdata/seqn/timestamp fields
	- removed legacy ethdev filtering
	- RCU in hash library
	- AVX512 lookup in FIB
	- Intel DLB/DLB2 drivers
	- Wangxun txgbe driver

The -rc3 should include only some bug fixes, cleanups, doc and tooling.
We have until the end of next week to complete this milestone.
Then at least one more week (allowing -rc4) should be needed
before the release.

Please test, report and fix issues on bugs.dpdk.org.
As a community, we must close as many bugs as possible for -rc3.

We are getting closer to a well deserved rest.
Thank you everyone