DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] Plan for European and USA DPDK Summits
@ 2017-07-11 11:09 O'Driscoll, Tim
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2017-07-11 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

A few people have been asking about the dates for our European (Userspace) and USA DPDK Summits, so I wanted to send an update on the status. Planning for these is a little behind where we've been in previous years, because we needed to complete the transition to the LF and get the governing board in place before the dates and budgets could be agreed.

For Europe, we're planning the following:
Date: Tuesday September 26 & Wednesday September 27
Venue: The Clayton Hotel, Ballsbridge, Dublin (same venue as last year)
Attendance: Like previous years, it will be limited to ~100 in order to keep the event as interactive as possible.

For the USA, the details are:
Date: Tuesday November 14 & Wednesday November 15
Venue: Club Auto Sport, 521 Charcot Ave, San Jose, CA 95131

Both of these are now listed on http://dpdk.org/events.

Planning for both of these events (finalizing contracts with the venues etc.) is still in progress, so they're not 100% confirmed yet (i.e. don't book travel yet just in case there are any last minute changes). As soon as everything is confirmed we'll send links to start registration and CFP for both of these. In the meantime, I'd encourage people to start thinking about topics they'd like to present.

Tim