DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] release candidate 17.11-rc2
@ 2017-10-27  0:26 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-10-27  0:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tag/?id=v17.11-rc2

What's new in RC2?
	- igb_uio reset fixed
	- EAL PCI moved to driver and lib
	- Rx offload API for traffic metering and policing (rte_mtr)
	- IPsec offload API (rte_security)
	- NXP and Cavium implementations of event/Rx adapter
	- flow classify library
	- pipeline improvements
	- example app for service cores

The release notes have been updated:
	http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/rel_notes/release_17_11.html

We have been very ambitious (maybe too much) in the RC2 expectations.
As a consequence, two weeks have passed since the RC1.
In order to save time in the schedule, we should try to close 17.11
in less than two weeks. I suggest RC3 to be done next week, November 2.
The next release candidate is expected to include only some
bug fixes, tooling, packaging or documentation updates.

This version needs to be tested a lot.
Please pay a special attention to the mbuf VLAN flags
PKT_RX_VLAN_PKT and PKT_RX_QINQ_PKT which are deprecated
and renamed with new meanings.

Thank you everyone
Happy scary Halloween!