DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] release candidate 17.08-rc1
@ 2017-07-09 23:58 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-07-09 23:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tag/?id=v17.08-rc1

The planned release date for 17.08 is in three weeks.
So we cannot wait longer for the first release candidate.
However we can accept more features in rc2 which have minor impact
and are almost ready:
	- service cores API (impact to be evaluated)
	- traffic management API (QoS)
	- NIC reset API
	- failsafe driver

You can read the release notes in progress:
	http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/rel_notes/release_17_08.html
Some highlights:
	- x86 requires SSE4.2
	- more ARM optimizations using NEON
	- GRO library
	- ethdev flow fuzzy match
	- ethdev flow isolate mode
	- cryptodev rework
	- eventdev burst mode
	- NXP DPAA2 eventdev driver
	- dpdk-test-eventdev application
	- eventdev_pipeline_sw_pmd example

There are a lot of work remaining for a short time period.
Please, let's work together to respect the planned release date:
	http://dpdk.org/dev/roadmap#dates

Thank you everyone