DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] 6WIND will stop managing the dpdk.org community on April 14
@ 2017-04-07 14:01 Eric Carmes
From: Eric Carmes @ 2017-04-07 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce; +Cc: dev

Hi

As you may already know from our work together, 6WIND started the dpdk.org
project almost 4 years ago and has been leading the community to make it a
great success. dpdk.org is now the reference open source technology for
fast packet processing supporting market-leading processor architectures
and NICs. The community has been continuously growing in terms of number
of contributors, patches and contributing organizations… More than 400
individuals from 70 different organizations have provided 7000 patches for
10 major releases since the beginning of the project. dpdk.org is now used
by more than 20 open source projects including OpenDaylight, OPNFV,
OVS-DPDK, fd.io, Rump, dpdk-nginx, etc. The dpdk.org Web site is growing
to exceed 40k visitors per month, and more than 5 million pages have been
viewed.

This great achievement would not have been possible without the support of
the whole dpdk.org community. As the second contributor to the project and
the community manager, 6WIND is proud to have established such a vibrant
community.

dpdk.org has now joined the Linux Foundation and we all hope this
transition will help the project grow faster.

6WIND is pleased and committed to remain a key contributor to the project
with its seasoned engineers as members of the Technical Board. However,
6WIND has decided to stop managing the community on April 14. I would like
to thank Thomas for the great job he did during these 4 years. Thomas has
decided to continue to manage the dpdk.org community and 6WIND is of
course fully supportive of this decision.

Regards;

Eric CARMES
6WIND Founder and CEO

PS: I don't read all the emails on this list. Please keep me in cc if any
question.

* Re: [dpdk-announce] 6WIND will stop managing the dpdk.org community on April 14
@ 2017-04-07 14:30 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2017-04-07 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce; +Cc: Eric Carmes

Happy to announce that I will join Mellanox Technologies
as a software engineer tasked with DPDK project maintenance.
I want to take this opportunity to thank 6WIND for having
supported me during the past five years.

Mellanox believe that as DPDK maintainer I must be neutral
and fair with all contributors.
Thanks to the true open mindset typical of the DPDK community,
and with the support of the new Linux Foundation structure,
we are in good shape to face the DPDK challenges ahead, such as
timely releases, continued investment in distributed CI and
the upcoming reference lab, introduction of new hardwares
and architectures, performance and usability improvements.

I am really happy to see how the DPDK community is growing
and the amazing products being built with DPDK.
Thank you everyone who help make it happen!

Thomas