* [dpdk-announce] DPDK Test Suite 1.0 Release
@ 2014-12-19 5:44 Cao, Waterman
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Cao, Waterman @ 2014-12-19 5:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
To: dev, announce, dts; +Cc: Liu, Yong
DPDK Test Suite 1.0 Release Announcement
We are very pleased to announce that DPDK Test Suite 1.0 (DTS) is released
by intel now. DTS is an automation test tool for DPDK software, a python-base
library. It can run on remote tester machine, and communicate/manage test device
by SSH connection. This tool also supports different kinds of traffic generators,
including DPDK-based PacketGen, third-party professional tester equipment(IXIA).
DTS is composes of one set of test cases and automation test framework. Since
Based on DTS, DPDK developers and testers can build their test cases and
verify their patches with these function test. It only requires less effort
to maintain test cases once merged into DTS. Since DPDK Test Suite is an open
source test tool, Everyone can utilize DTS to measure performance and
functionality for features.
In the future, we will continue to upgrade DPDK Test Suite to support DPDK
software package based on DPDK release timeline, and provide stable version
for each DPDK formal release. Currently, DPDK Test Suite 1.0 will support
the latest DPDK release version 1.8.
You can download latest DPDK test suite from the following link:
In addition, one mailing list was created as firstname.lastname@example.org. This mailing list is
used to post regression test report for DPDK software, answer questions
about DTS, and receive patches for DPDK Test Suite. Also you can discuss
issues and seek for validate solution of DPDK features with this mailing list.
Marvin Liu(Yong.email@example.com)from Intel will maintain DPDK Test Suite code,
and responsible for code merge. We are very welcome that other volunteers who
interested in DPDK Validation can join in us to maintain this tool.
Since DPDK Test Suite includes some generic test suites, plans and one test
framework. Please see features list as the followings.
- Support SSH connection and manager tester, test device and IXIA generator
- Automatically discover network topology
- Automatically deploy DPDK on DUT (Device under Test) which installed
Fedora18/20, Ubuntu12/14, FreeBSD 10, etc.
- Support Wind River DPDK-based software traffic generators and IXIA
- Able to transmit, capture and analyze packets by Scapy
- Provide solution to develop user-defined test suite and test plan
- Provide customized configuration file
- Export validation results as RST format and excel format
- Support logging system to track automation execution.
Example Test Suites:
- Blacklist/Whitelist: EAL whitelist/blacklist feature
- Command line : RTE command line interface
- Multi process : DPDK share information between process
- Timer : EAL timer feature
- Testpmd : Poll Mode driver packet integrity, packet checksum,
- L2fwd : layer-2 (L2) forwarding application
- L3fwd : Layer-3 Forwarding application
- Jumbo Frame : Poll Mode Drivers for jumbo frames feature
- Ieee1588 : IEEE1588 Precise Time Protocol offload feature
- Checksum offload : RX/TX L3/L4 checksum offload feature
- Flow direction : NIC flow director feature
- VLAN : NIC VLAN offload feature
- Link flowctrl : NIC link flow control feature
- Link bonding : Poll mode driver link bonding feature
- IP fragment : IPv4 and IPV6 fragmentation feature
- Packet framework : IP pipeline by DPDK packet framework feature
Finally, DTS is open to everyone. Everyone is welcomed to use this tool,
submit test cases and share knowledge with community.
We hope that DTS can help to improve quality of open source patch and
leverage effort with every members in community.
Intel DPDK Validation Team
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2014-12-19 5:44 [dpdk-announce] DPDK Test Suite 1.0 Release Cao, Waterman
Archives are clonable:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/announce/0 announce/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 announce announce/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/announce \
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox