DPDK announcements
* DPDK Gov Board - My departure and replacement
@ 2022-08-24 13:42 St Leger, Jim
From: St Leger, Jim @ 2022-08-24 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-techboard, announce; +Cc: govboard, Giller, Robin

DPDK Community:

I am writing to let you know that I will be leaving my role as the Intel representative on the DPDK Governing Board and as the board chair. I have taken on a new role, still at Intel, which will bring my work focus in a new direction. Robin Giller, whom some of you may know from his work in other open source efforts including networking, cloud native, and microservices, will be the new Intel gov board rep. Nathan will initiate a call for nominations for a new board chair and a subsequent vote as needed. Please welcome and support Robin as you have me.

I want to thank the entire community for all of the support and fun over the years. I've been involved in the DPDK project from it's embryonic days at Intel and the first 2010 release. I watched the community grow. I've been at the first and most of the DPDK Summit events which started back in 2014 in San Francisco, expanded to Userspace in Dublin, and eventually were held in India and China with one in Japan as well. When the community elected to move to hosting by The Linux Foundation I was honored to serve as the board chair, a role I have had now for more than five years. It's been an incredible privilege to serve the community for so long.

I have many cherished memories of working with this incredible community. The Userspace events and dynamic, interactive discussions epitomize the very best of open source. All voices are heard. All opinions matter. The community comes together for the betterment of our work. It doesn't get any better than that. Meanwhile, we've created the industry's defacto high performance, userspace networking model that is widely adopted and deployed. I leave with great pride at all that has been accomplished, predominantly through this amazing community of committed engineers and developers. Thank you.

I hope our paths do cross again. I will still be involved in open source efforts. Please do keep in touch.

All the very best,
Jim