DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] DPDK development process and tools survey
@ 2019-02-27 21:08 Honnappa Nagarahalli
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2019-02-27 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce; +Cc: Honnappa Nagarahalli, nd

Hello,
	There have been questions/comments in the past DPDK summits on improving the development process and the tools being used. This survey is being conducted to better understand the pain points and arrive at a set of tools to use going forward.

The survey itself will be done in 2 stages.
1) Understand the problems faced by the community (this survey)
2) *If required*, another survey to choose from available solutions

The survey itself does not take more than 10mns. It is for all of us in the community to improve the way we contribute, I highly encourage you to take the survey.

The survey is open till 13th March 2019, 6:00PM CST.

Thank you,
Honnappa

Survey Link:
https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=eVlO89lXqkqtTbEipmIYTcwgJ8psxytOnArCkHeSZSZUREdIN09QOEVRSUJWN0I2TzNYUTk5STVJRC4u

* Re: [dpdk-announce] DPDK development process and tools survey
@ 2019-03-07 17:54 ` Honnappa Nagarahalli
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2019-03-07 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce; +Cc: nd, Honnappa Nagarahalli

So far I have got 27 responses. This survey should not take more than 10mns. I kindly request you to take the survey to provide the feedback.

Thank you,
Honnappa

@ 2019-03-14  3:18   ` Honnappa Nagarahalli
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2019-03-14  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce; +Cc: nd

We have 41 responses. Today tech board decided to extend the deadline by another week. We would like to extend the survey till 23rd March 2019.

Please take some time to provide your valuable feedback.

Thank you,
Honnappa

@ 2019-06-26 20:25     ` Honnappa Nagarahalli
From: Honnappa Nagarahalli @ 2019-06-26 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce; +Cc: nd

Howdy,
	Thank you for all those who took the survey, there were 59 responses finally. Thank you for being patient as well to hear the results.

Short summary: Out of the 59 responses, majority voted to show confidence in the current process. This means there will not be a second survey. However, there were some valuable suggestions which were presented to the tech-board. The tech-board will debate on the merits of implementing these suggestions in the future tech-board meetings.

A summary report of the survey can be found at [1].

Thank you,
Honnappa

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Sa_0eMY2lWKK211kl7GEa3ana6gY7BEJ98AoyXPJZ3I/edit?usp=sharing