* [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, November 28th
@ 2017-12-01 9:37 O'Driscoll, Tim
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2017-12-01 9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
Cc: Bob Noseworthy, Mcnamara, John, Shepard Siegel, Thomas Monjalon,
Erez Scop, Shreyansh Jain, Xu, Qian Q, pmacarth, Matt Spencer,
Gema Gomez, George Zhao, Mishra, Shishir, Lixuming, Tkachuk,
Georgii, Trishan de Lanerolle
Here are some brief minutes of our call on Tuesday.
- Patrick has proposed an initial schema.
- Discussed debugging and log information. If a developer submits a patch, the performance lab results show that it negatively impacts performance on a hardware platform, but the developer does not have access to that type of platform, how do they debug the issue?
- Agreed that the immediate priority is to get tests running, and that debug/log info is a lower priority.
- Vendors contributing hardware should be able to set the log level for tests on their platform. Typically this would be set to the lowest level in order to show the best performance. Ideally this should be consistent across vendors.
- Logs should not be available by default, but it should be possible for vendors to over-ride this and make logs available if they choose to do so.
- Patrick will look into how log output can be stored and linked to from the schema. He'll also address other comments from Thomas and Gema.
DTS & TRex:
- Qian: Can you provide a target date for when we expect TRex support to be added to DTS?
- Mellanox plan is to work on DTS in the second half of December, but this depends on TRex support.
- NXP have DTS and Pktgen working. Haven't tried TRex yet.
- Intel hardware should be ready for shipping soon (no exact date yet). We're working on setup instructions for UNH. Mellanox are targeting end of Dec. NXP are targeting Jan.
- Tuesday Dec 12th. That will be our last meeting this year.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-12-01 9:37 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, November 28th O'Driscoll, Tim
DPDK CI discussions
Archives are clonable:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox