* [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, July 3rd
@ 2018-07-04 14:22 O'Driscoll, Tim
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2018-07-04 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
Cc: Bob Noseworthy, Mcnamara, John, Shepard Siegel, Thomas Monjalon,
Erez Scop, Shreyansh Jain, Xu, Qian Q, pmacarth, Matt Spencer,
George Zhao, Mishra, Shishir, Lixuming, Tkachuk, Georgii,
Trishan de Lanerolle, Sean Campbell, Ali Alnubani, May Chen,
Lodha, Nishant, Zhang, Chun, Malla, Malathi, khemendra kumar,
graeme.gregory, Yigit, Ferruh, Tu, Lijuan
Lab Policies and Procedures:
- Bob's draft doc is at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rtSwpNKltVNyDKNWgeTV5gaYeDoAPlK-sfm8XE7o_5s/edit?usp=sharing. Please review and comment.
- Ferruh suggested adding some form of change control for the lab. This can be included in the Policies and Procedures doc.
- Current dashboard is at: https://dpdkdashboard.iol.unh.edu/results/dashboard/
- At the moment, all test cases are reporting errors (either Possible Regression or Apply Error). We need to reduce the number of failures to a manageable level, so that we're only highlighting genuine problems.
- At the moment, test results are compared with a hardcoded value provided by each vendor to determine whether a test passes or not. Agreed that we should be comparing performance versus master to determine if a patch passes or fails. Each vendor needs to update their scripts so that test results are compared against master. Vendors also need to review the tolerance (% deviation allowed for test to pass) for the tests to make sure it's correct.
- Vendors also need to confirm if they're happy for the relative performance data (what % patch improved/degraded performance by compared to master) for their platforms to be made public. This will allow the next level of test results to be accessible to anybody, so they can see which platform tests are failing on, and how much degradation in performance there is.
- When the previous two items are complete (reduce false positives, make next level of performance data public), we'll be able to link to the dashboard from DPDK.org. The dashboard can also be integrated with Patchwork at that time.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, back to index
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-07-04 14:22 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, July 3rd O'Driscoll, Tim
DPDK CI discussions
Archives are clonable:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox