DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, September 11th
@ 2018-09-12 21:10 O'Driscoll, Tim
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2018-09-12 21:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

Dashboard Status:
- For patches with a status of "Apply Error", Jeremy will: 1) filter out RFC patches because these are not expected to apply cleanly or pass performance tests; 2) filter out documentation patches, probably using the method John McNamara proposed to exclude the docs directory (--exclude=<path-pattern>); 3) check for any other cases where patches pass compilation tests in patchwork but give Apply Errors in the lab; 4) move making the apply logs accessible up higher in his priority list.
- For patches with a status of "Incomplete", this is probably caused by a system being restarted while testing was in progress. Jeremy will check on this.
- Intel are happy for the relative performance results on our hardware to be made public. We need Erez to confirm if Mellanox are OK with this as well.

Additional Test Cases:
- Discussed adding additional tests, and whether these need to be consistent between vendors. Ideally, we would have a core set of tests that are run on all hardware, but some tests may be vendor-specific.
- Qian will check how FD.io CSIT handles this. Are the same tests run by all vendors?
- Qian will work on a proposal for additional test cases which we can then review.
- Unit tests are incomplete and not well maintained. Ferruh will bring this up in the Tech Board to agree a policy which maintainers can then enforce.

Integrating Test Results into Patchwork:
- Zhaoyan will send details of how this was done for the build tests to Jeremy. We should be able to use the same approach.

- UNH will scrub their task backlog for any vendor-specific info, and then provide this so we can review priorities.
- Setup of NXP hardware is still in progress.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, back to index

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-09-12 21:10 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, September 11th O'Driscoll, Tim

DPDK CI discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
	public-inbox-index ci

Newsgroup available over NNTP:

AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox