DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th
@ 2018-01-10 11:18 O'Driscoll, Tim
  2018-01-10 14:59 ` Bob Noseworthy
  2018-01-11  3:11 ` Xu, Qian Q
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2018-01-10 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci
  Cc: Bob Noseworthy, Mcnamara, John, Shepard Siegel, Thomas Monjalon,
	Erez Scop, Shreyansh Jain, Xu, Qian Q, pmacarth, Matt Spencer,
	Gema Gomez, George Zhao, Mishra, Shishir, Lixuming, Tkachuk,
	Georgii, Trishan de Lanerolle, Sean Campbell

Database:
- Patrick has done a rough implementation based on the database schema that was created/reviewed in December.
- Qian's team will provide raw output from the DTS that Patrick can use to test the database with.
- Integration with Patchwork hasn't been worked out yet.

DTS & TRex:
- Qian's team have integrated DTS with TRex. This will be uploaded to a separate repo or branch. Qian will send details. It won't be integrated into the DTS master at the moment because a lot of changes are required.
- Investigation into the issues seen with TRex performance with the Intel 25G NIC are continuing. At the moment, this seems to be related to NIC firmware.

Hardware availability:
- For the Intel hardware, we need to resolve one problem with DTS running on the system before shipping. This is being investigated and is hopefully a minor configuration issue.

Misc:
- Bob will send the first invoice to ap@linuxfoundation.org and CC Trishan.
- Qualcomm are interested in learning more about the lab and participating in future. I'll sync with Sean on this separately.
- If anybody has questions on shipping or other logistical issues, contact Bob.

Next Meeting:
- Tuesday Jan 23rd.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th
  2018-01-10 11:18 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th O'Driscoll, Tim
@ 2018-01-10 14:59 ` Bob Noseworthy
  2018-01-11  3:11 ` Xu, Qian Q
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Bob Noseworthy @ 2018-01-10 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: O'Driscoll, Tim
  Cc: ci, Mcnamara, John, Shepard Siegel, Thomas Monjalon, Erez Scop,
	Shreyansh Jain, Xu, Qian Q, pmacarth, Matt Spencer, Gema Gomez,
	George Zhao, Mishra, Shishir, Lixuming, Tkachuk, Georgii,
	Trishan de Lanerolle, Sean Campbell, dpdklab

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1885 bytes --]

Hi All,
1)  Our shipping info is posted online at

https://www.iol.unh.edu/about/visit/shipping

2)  Please note that     dpdklab@iol.unh.edu     is our team's email
address here.  Please cc this for all correspondence to ensure timely reply.


Best Regards,
- Bob Noseworthy
Chief Engineer / Technical Sherpa
+1-909-891-0090 {unified phone number for office, cell, etc}
+1-603-862-0090 {IOL Main number-associate this with any shipments}
21 Madbury Rd., Suite 100, Durham, NH 03824
University of New Hampshire's InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL)


On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:18 AM, O'Driscoll, Tim <tim.odriscoll@intel.com>
wrote:

> Database:
> - Patrick has done a rough implementation based on the database schema
> that was created/reviewed in December.
> - Qian's team will provide raw output from the DTS that Patrick can use to
> test the database with.
> - Integration with Patchwork hasn't been worked out yet.
>
> DTS & TRex:
> - Qian's team have integrated DTS with TRex. This will be uploaded to a
> separate repo or branch. Qian will send details. It won't be integrated
> into the DTS master at the moment because a lot of changes are required.
> - Investigation into the issues seen with TRex performance with the Intel
> 25G NIC are continuing. At the moment, this seems to be related to NIC
> firmware.
>
> Hardware availability:
> - For the Intel hardware, we need to resolve one problem with DTS running
> on the system before shipping. This is being investigated and is hopefully
> a minor configuration issue.
>
> Misc:
> - Bob will send the first invoice to ap@linuxfoundation.org and CC
> Trishan.
> - Qualcomm are interested in learning more about the lab and participating
> in future. I'll sync with Sean on this separately.
> - If anybody has questions on shipping or other logistical issues, contact
> Bob.
>
> Next Meeting:
> - Tuesday Jan 23rd.
>
>
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2702 bytes --]

<div dir="ltr">Hi All, <div>1)  Our shipping info is posted online at </div><div><br></div><div><a href="https://www.iol.unh.edu/about/visit/shipping">https://www.iol.unh.edu/about/visit/shipping</a><br></div><div><br></div><div>2)  Please note that     <a href="mailto:dpdklab@iol.unh.edu">dpdklab@iol.unh.edu</a>     is our team&#39;s email address here.  Please cc this for all correspondence to ensure timely reply.</div><div><br></div><div><br></div><div><div>Best Regards, </div><div>- Bob Noseworthy   </div><div> Chief Engineer / Technical Sherpa   </div><div> +1-909-891-0090 {unified phone number for office, cell, etc}   </div><div> +1-603-862-0090 {IOL Main number-associate this with any shipments}   </div><div><span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-family:Helvetica;font-size:12px"> 21 Madbury Rd., Suite 100, Durham, NH 03824</span></div><div> University of New Hampshire&#39;s InterOperability Laboratory (UNH-IOL)</div></div><div><br></div></div><div class="gmail_extra"><br><div class="gmail_quote">On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:18 AM, O&#39;Driscoll, Tim <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:tim.odriscoll@intel.com" target="_blank">tim.odriscoll@intel.com</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">Database:<br>
- Patrick has done a rough implementation based on the database schema that was created/reviewed in December.<br>
- Qian&#39;s team will provide raw output from the DTS that Patrick can use to test the database with.<br>
- Integration with Patchwork hasn&#39;t been worked out yet.<br>
<br>
DTS &amp; TRex:<br>
- Qian&#39;s team have integrated DTS with TRex. This will be uploaded to a separate repo or branch. Qian will send details. It won&#39;t be integrated into the DTS master at the moment because a lot of changes are required.<br>
- Investigation into the issues seen with TRex performance with the Intel 25G NIC are continuing. At the moment, this seems to be related to NIC firmware.<br>
<br>
Hardware availability:<br>
- For the Intel hardware, we need to resolve one problem with DTS running on the system before shipping. This is being investigated and is hopefully a minor configuration issue.<br>
<br>
Misc:<br>
- Bob will send the first invoice to <a href="mailto:ap@linuxfoundation.org">ap@linuxfoundation.org</a> and CC Trishan.<br>
- Qualcomm are interested in learning more about the lab and participating in future. I&#39;ll sync with Sean on this separately.<br>
- If anybody has questions on shipping or other logistical issues, contact Bob.<br>
<br>
Next Meeting:<br>
- Tuesday Jan 23rd.<br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th
  2018-01-10 11:18 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th O'Driscoll, Tim
  2018-01-10 14:59 ` Bob Noseworthy
@ 2018-01-11  3:11 ` Xu, Qian Q
  2018-01-11  3:25   ` Wang, FeiX Y
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Xu, Qian Q @ 2018-01-11  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: O'Driscoll, Tim, ci, Wang, FeiX Y, Pei, Yulong
  Cc: Bob Noseworthy, Mcnamara, John, Shepard Siegel, Thomas Monjalon,
	Erez Scop, Shreyansh Jain, pmacarth, Matt Spencer, Gema Gomez,
	George Zhao, Mishra, Shishir, Lixuming, Tkachuk, Georgii,
	Trishan de Lanerolle, Sean Campbell

Fei/Yulong
Could you send the dts with trex enabled branch here? Thx. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: O'Driscoll, Tim
> Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:18 PM
> To: 'ci@dpdk.org' <ci@dpdk.org>
> Cc: 'Bob Noseworthy' <ren@iol.unh.edu>; Mcnamara, John
> <john.mcnamara@intel.com>; 'Shepard Siegel'
> <shepard.siegel@atomicrules.com>; 'Thomas Monjalon'
> <thomas@monjalon.net>; 'Erez Scop' <erezsc@mellanox.com>; 'Shreyansh Jain'
> <shreyansh.jain@nxp.com>; Xu, Qian Q <qian.q.xu@intel.com>;
> 'pmacarth@iol.unh.edu' <pmacarth@iol.unh.edu>; 'Matt Spencer'
> <Matt.Spencer@arm.com>; Gema Gomez <gema.gomez-solano@linaro.org>;
> 'George Zhao' <George.Y.Zhao@huawei.com>; Mishra, Shishir
> <Shishir.Mishra@spirent.com>; 'Lixuming' <lixuming@huawei.com>; Tkachuk,
> Georgii <georgii.tkachuk@intel.com>; 'Trishan de Lanerolle'
> <tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org>; Sean Campbell
> <scampbel@qti.qualcomm.com>
> Subject: Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th
> 
> Database:
> - Patrick has done a rough implementation based on the database schema that
> was created/reviewed in December.
> - Qian's team will provide raw output from the DTS that Patrick can use to test
> the database with.
> - Integration with Patchwork hasn't been worked out yet.
> 
> DTS & TRex:
> - Qian's team have integrated DTS with TRex. This will be uploaded to a separate
> repo or branch. Qian will send details. It won't be integrated into the DTS master
> at the moment because a lot of changes are required.
> - Investigation into the issues seen with TRex performance with the Intel 25G
> NIC are continuing. At the moment, this seems to be related to NIC firmware.
> 
> Hardware availability:
> - For the Intel hardware, we need to resolve one problem with DTS running on
> the system before shipping. This is being investigated and is hopefully a minor
> configuration issue.
> 
> Misc:
> - Bob will send the first invoice to ap@linuxfoundation.org and CC Trishan.
> - Qualcomm are interested in learning more about the lab and participating in
> future. I'll sync with Sean on this separately.
> - If anybody has questions on shipping or other logistical issues, contact Bob.
> 
> Next Meeting:
> - Tuesday Jan 23rd.
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th
  2018-01-11  3:11 ` Xu, Qian Q
@ 2018-01-11  3:25   ` Wang, FeiX Y
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Wang, FeiX Y @ 2018-01-11  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Xu, Qian Q, O'Driscoll, Tim, ci, Pei, Yulong
  Cc: Bob Noseworthy, Mcnamara, John, Shepard Siegel, Thomas Monjalon,
	Erez Scop, Shreyansh Jain, pmacarth, Matt Spencer, Gema Gomez,
	George Zhao, Mishra, Shishir, Lixuming, Tkachuk, Georgii,
	Trishan de Lanerolle, Sean Campbell

hi, Qian

The framework for dts and trex has been merged in DTS next branch,  can get it by "git clone http://dpdk.org/git/tools/dts" then "git checkout next".
but the single core test suite script has not be merged yet due to DTS review restrictions , need to rework it then merge.  I can send one for local running if anyone needs 

Thanks

Fei 

-----Original Message-----
From: Xu, Qian Q 
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2018 11:11 AM
To: O'Driscoll, Tim <tim.odriscoll@intel.com>; 'ci@dpdk.org' <ci@dpdk.org>; Wang, FeiX Y <feix.y.wang@intel.com>; Pei, Yulong <yulong.pei@intel.com>
Cc: 'Bob Noseworthy' <ren@iol.unh.edu>; Mcnamara, John <john.mcnamara@intel.com>; 'Shepard Siegel' <shepard.siegel@atomicrules.com>; 'Thomas Monjalon' <thomas@monjalon.net>; 'Erez Scop' <erezsc@mellanox.com>; 'Shreyansh Jain' <shreyansh.jain@nxp.com>; 'pmacarth@iol.unh.edu' <pmacarth@iol.unh.edu>; 'Matt Spencer' <Matt.Spencer@arm.com>; Gema Gomez <gema.gomez-solano@linaro.org>; 'George Zhao' <George.Y.Zhao@huawei.com>; Mishra, Shishir <Shishir.Mishra@spirent.com>; 'Lixuming' <lixuming@huawei.com>; Tkachuk, Georgii <georgii.tkachuk@intel.com>; 'Trishan de Lanerolle' <tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org>; Sean Campbell <scampbel@qti.qualcomm.com>
Subject: RE: Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th

Fei/Yulong
Could you send the dts with trex enabled branch here? Thx. 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: O'Driscoll, Tim
> Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 7:18 PM
> To: 'ci@dpdk.org' <ci@dpdk.org>
> Cc: 'Bob Noseworthy' <ren@iol.unh.edu>; Mcnamara, John 
> <john.mcnamara@intel.com>; 'Shepard Siegel'
> <shepard.siegel@atomicrules.com>; 'Thomas Monjalon'
> <thomas@monjalon.net>; 'Erez Scop' <erezsc@mellanox.com>; 'Shreyansh Jain'
> <shreyansh.jain@nxp.com>; Xu, Qian Q <qian.q.xu@intel.com>; 
> 'pmacarth@iol.unh.edu' <pmacarth@iol.unh.edu>; 'Matt Spencer'
> <Matt.Spencer@arm.com>; Gema Gomez <gema.gomez-solano@linaro.org>; 
> 'George Zhao' <George.Y.Zhao@huawei.com>; Mishra, Shishir 
> <Shishir.Mishra@spirent.com>; 'Lixuming' <lixuming@huawei.com>; 
> Tkachuk, Georgii <georgii.tkachuk@intel.com>; 'Trishan de Lanerolle'
> <tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org>; Sean Campbell 
> <scampbel@qti.qualcomm.com>
> Subject: Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th
> 
> Database:
> - Patrick has done a rough implementation based on the database schema 
> that was created/reviewed in December.
> - Qian's team will provide raw output from the DTS that Patrick can 
> use to test the database with.
> - Integration with Patchwork hasn't been worked out yet.
> 
> DTS & TRex:
> - Qian's team have integrated DTS with TRex. This will be uploaded to 
> a separate repo or branch. Qian will send details. It won't be 
> integrated into the DTS master at the moment because a lot of changes are required.
> - Investigation into the issues seen with TRex performance with the 
> Intel 25G NIC are continuing. At the moment, this seems to be related to NIC firmware.
> 
> Hardware availability:
> - For the Intel hardware, we need to resolve one problem with DTS 
> running on the system before shipping. This is being investigated and 
> is hopefully a minor configuration issue.
> 
> Misc:
> - Bob will send the first invoice to ap@linuxfoundation.org and CC Trishan.
> - Qualcomm are interested in learning more about the lab and 
> participating in future. I'll sync with Sean on this separately.
> - If anybody has questions on shipping or other logistical issues, contact Bob.
> 
> Next Meeting:
> - Tuesday Jan 23rd.
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-01-10 11:18 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, January 9th O'Driscoll, Tim
2018-01-10 14:59 ` Bob Noseworthy
2018-01-11  3:11 ` Xu, Qian Q
2018-01-11  3:25   ` Wang, FeiX Y

DPDK CI discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox