DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, July 31st
@ 2018-08-01 13:55 O'Driscoll, Tim
  2018-08-20 17:16 ` [dpdk-ci] bugzilla section for the lab Thomas Monjalon
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2018-08-01 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci
  Cc: Bob Noseworthy, Mcnamara, John, Shepard Siegel, Thomas Monjalon,
	Erez Scop, Shreyansh Jain, Xu, Qian Q, pmacarth, Matt Spencer,
	George Zhao, Mishra, Shishir, Lixuming, Tkachuk, Georgii,
	Trishan de Lanerolle, Sean Campbell, Ali Alnubani, May Chen,
	Lodha, Nishant, Zhang, Chun, Malla, Malathi, khemendra kumar,
	graeme.gregory, Yigit, Ferruh, Tu, Lijuan

Hardware:
* Shreyansh expects to ship NXP hardware to UNH by the end of this week.

Test Results:
* Warnings were showing for all Intel results even when the performance increased. This was because the CI scripts were checking for a "result" key in the *_single_core_perf.json, which the new DTS scripts did not output. Jeremy has fixed this and the new results look good.
* Jeremy also fixed a typo in the frame size for Intel test results.

Test Scope:
* Lijuan submitted a DPDK Lab & CI topic for the Userspace event in Dublin. We expect this to be accepted. This could be presented jointly with Jeremy, who could cover the lab and dashboard status. We also need to cover the bigger CI picture, future scope for the lab including functional testing etc.
* For Dublin, we should aim to have the relative performance numbers on Intel and Mellanox hardware publicly available.
* Patrick and Jeremy will investigate whether we can get utilization figures for the current lab hardware. This would help to determine capacity for additional testing.
* At the moment, additional space is available in the lab, so we can provide more hardware if required.

Tools:
* Thomas will update Bugzilla so we can use it for tracking lab tickets.
* We probably need to be able to support additional test frameworks besides DTS in future. This will make the lab setup more flexible.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* [dpdk-ci] bugzilla section for the lab
  2018-08-01 13:55 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, July 31st O'Driscoll, Tim
@ 2018-08-20 17:16 ` Thomas Monjalon
  2018-08-21 12:31   ` Ferruh Yigit
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-08-20 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci; +Cc: O'Driscoll, Tim, Trishan de Lanerolle, Jeremy Plsek

Hi,
Following up on below request:

01/08/2018 15:55, O'Driscoll, Tim:
> * Thomas will update Bugzilla so we can use it for tracking lab tickets.

I have created a new "product" in bugzilla, called "lab".
Now we can fill a bug for the lab:
	https://bugs.dpdk.org/enter_bug.cgi

Then you can choose between "dashboard" and "UNH infra".
If we need other or more bugzilla components, please ask.

The default assignee, for above components, is ci@dpdk.org
mailing list, meaning that new bugs will be posted here.
Jeremy is already on the default Cc list.
If you think the Cc list must be modified, please ask.

I think we can use this bugzilla section for other labs
participating in the distributed CI (Intel for now).
It would require to create just a new "component" in bugzilla.

Hope it will be useful

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] bugzilla section for the lab
  2018-08-20 17:16 ` [dpdk-ci] bugzilla section for the lab Thomas Monjalon
@ 2018-08-21 12:31   ` Ferruh Yigit
  2018-08-21 17:22     ` Jeremy Plsek
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 4+ messages in thread
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2018-08-21 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, ci
  Cc: O'Driscoll, Tim, Trishan de Lanerolle, Jeremy Plsek

On 8/20/2018 6:16 PM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Hi,
> Following up on below request:
> 
> 01/08/2018 15:55, O'Driscoll, Tim:
>> * Thomas will update Bugzilla so we can use it for tracking lab tickets.
> 
> I have created a new "product" in bugzilla, called "lab".
> Now we can fill a bug for the lab:
> 	https://bugs.dpdk.org/enter_bug.cgi
> 
> Then you can choose between "dashboard" and "UNH infra".
> If we need other or more bugzilla components, please ask.

Is only for defects, when implementation doesn't match the requirement, or do we
plan to use bugzilla for new requirements and/or changing existing requirements?

> 
> The default assignee, for above components, is ci@dpdk.org
> mailing list, meaning that new bugs will be posted here.
> Jeremy is already on the default Cc list.
> If you think the Cc list must be modified, please ask.
> 
> I think we can use this bugzilla section for other labs
> participating in the distributed CI (Intel for now).
> It would require to create just a new "component" in bugzilla.
> 
> Hope it will be useful
> 
> 

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] bugzilla section for the lab
  2018-08-21 12:31   ` Ferruh Yigit
@ 2018-08-21 17:22     ` Jeremy Plsek
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 4+ messages in thread
From: Jeremy Plsek @ 2018-08-21 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yigit, Ferruh; +Cc: thomas, ci, O'Driscoll, Tim, Trishan de Lanerolle

I would say almost anything could be put into the bugzilla, such as
feature requests (such as those made during our meetings) and bug
reports. Major changes and additions to the policies document could be
done on the bugzilla for more discussion and tracking.

What would not go on the bugzilla would probably be security concerns
(these can be made public later after confirmation and a fix was made)
or member specific requests.

I could start adding feature requests talked about from previous
meetings onto the bugzilla, just to get it going.
On Tue, Aug 21, 2018 at 8:31 AM Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com> wrote:
>
> On 8/20/2018 6:16 PM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Following up on below request:
> >
> > 01/08/2018 15:55, O'Driscoll, Tim:
> >> * Thomas will update Bugzilla so we can use it for tracking lab tickets.
> >
> > I have created a new "product" in bugzilla, called "lab".
> > Now we can fill a bug for the lab:
> >       https://bugs.dpdk.org/enter_bug.cgi
> >
> > Then you can choose between "dashboard" and "UNH infra".
> > If we need other or more bugzilla components, please ask.
>
> Is only for defects, when implementation doesn't match the requirement, or do we
> plan to use bugzilla for new requirements and/or changing existing requirements?
>
> >
> > The default assignee, for above components, is ci@dpdk.org
> > mailing list, meaning that new bugs will be posted here.
> > Jeremy is already on the default Cc list.
> > If you think the Cc list must be modified, please ask.
> >
> > I think we can use this bugzilla section for other labs
> > participating in the distributed CI (Intel for now).
> > It would require to create just a new "component" in bugzilla.
> >
> > Hope it will be useful
> >
> >
>


--
Jeremy Plsek
UNH InterOperability Laboratory

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 4+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 4+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-08-01 13:55 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, July 31st O'Driscoll, Tim
2018-08-20 17:16 ` [dpdk-ci] bugzilla section for the lab Thomas Monjalon
2018-08-21 12:31   ` Ferruh Yigit
2018-08-21 17:22     ` Jeremy Plsek

DPDK CI discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox