DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] October 8 Community CI Minutes
@ 2020-10-08 14:28 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2020-10-08 14:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

October 8, 2020


###################################################
Attendees

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. Trishan de Lanerolle
3. Honnappa Nagarahalli
4. Thomas Monjalon
5. Ali Alnubani
6. Brandon Lo
7. Juraj Linkes
8. Kananyev
9. Tomasz Zawadzki

###################################################
Agenda

1. CI Status
2. Test Development
3. Any other business

###################################################
Minutes

==============================================
CI Status

--------------------------------
General

* BUG-210 (Patches with dependency fails to apply): Syntax is now
official in the documentation, should be possible to update the script
to look for / parse this information.
   * UNH-IOL will look into implementing this, either in git-pw or as
a wrapper to that.
* BUG-511 (Add check if performance tests are needed): This can also
be implemented to avoid running unnecessary testing.
   * UNH-IOL will look into implementing this.

--------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

* Fedora Rawhide compile / unit testing has been added.  Failures
being flagged as warnings right now, should disappear once all
branches catch up to main.
   * Previous fail results have been changed accordingly.
   * We are still planning to look into adding GCC 11 compile to this
testing as well.
      * Need to hold running this regularly if it generates failures,
and file bugzilla tickets to fix those issues.
   * Adding Fedora Rawhide has also prompted a look into how the
container images are maintained, to ensure they are kept current (i.e.
how often is a new base image pulled for “Docker Hub”).
* Issues caused on the bare-metal systems by change of repos for
kernel modules, working on correcting this today.
   * Recommended solutions by DPDK/DTS team?
   * DTS will still rmmod and insmod the nonexistent kernel module file.
* SPDK compile / unit testing should be back into production today,
fixed after change to the meson build process.
* Glitch in OpenSUSE testing fixed, caused by issue with container
creation.  Fixed on Tuesday.
* Arm hardware is being installed and will be added to the CI
pipelines as soon as possible, including 25Gbe to 100Gbe NICs from
Broadcom, Intel, and Mellanox.
* Functionality testing
   * Slowed down by the kernel module issue listed above.
   * Will continue to expand the coverage to include the DTS.

--------------------------------
Intel Lab

* Didn’t attend the call (holiday for the team).

--------------------------------
Travis CI & OBS

* Update from Aaron (via email): OBS still being worked on.
* Need to check if the system is also checking the kernel modules repo
as well as the mainline repo.
* Patch to enable running Travis CI on AWS Graviton2 has not been
merged, Honnappa wanted to check on the status of that patch.  Looks
like it was merged this week.

==============================================
Test Development

--------------------------------
Completed Features

1. MTU Update
2. Basic stats
3. Speed Capabilities
4. Checksum offload checks
5. Multicast Mac Filtering
6. RSS Key Update
7. L3 and L4 Checksum Offload
8. Multicast mac address filter
9. Linux Kernel Module VFIO Testing
10. Linux Kernel Module UIO Testing
11. FW Version
12. Rx Interrupt
13. Module EEPROM Dump

--------------------------------
Work in Progress

1. rte_flow
   1. Testing framework is completed, and is being tested on some
bare-metal systems in UNH-IOL.
   2. We have seen some systems that will “validate” a rule, but fail
when “create” is called.  This seems like it should be a valid
failure.  We’re looking into this today and will reach out to some of
the developers / hardware folks.
      1. Sounds like this could actually be bugs, if so, the team will
create bugzilla tickets.
   3. Question asked to the DTS list about runtime code generation,
which is used to automatically generate the pattern match test cases.
This allows one test case per pattern (i.e. match IPv4 source
address), which in turn allows each consumption of results for what
passed / failed within the DTS framework. But, this would be a newer
approach within DTS.
   4. There are some gaps in testpmd for what patterns can be created.
The UNH-IOL team will create a bug for this, as well as documenting in
the DTS RST files.
   5. Still aiming to submit the DTS patch by the end of this week (October 9).
   6. Test_flow_perf - new DPDK sample app to test the performance and
driver efficiency.  Could be interesting to add to DTS, as a future
patch / target.  Create a feature bug ticket for this time.
2. Speed Capabilities
   1. Pending updates to testpmd (BUG-496), just keeping here to track
status, etc.
3. Inner RSS
   1. Currently stalled by BUG-530. There doesn’t appear to be a way
to access information about this through testpmd, the BUG-530 proposes
the feature to testpmd.


The above will represent the conclusion of the contracted development
work for the expansion of DTS coverage.

--------------------------------
Future Work

* DTS Feedback - Some initial (rough draft) user and developer
feedback has been captured here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit
* Tech board is looking into DTS as a priority for 2021, and this
feedback is extremely valuable to that process.  Please contribute!

==============================================
Any other business

* https://bugs.dpdk.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cpriority%2Cbug_status%2Cassigned_to%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&component=job%20scripts&component=UNH%20infra&component=Intel%20Lab&component=Travis%20CI&list_id=2663&order=priority%2Cchangeddate%20DESC&product=lab&query_format=advanced&resolution=---
* Look into running performance unit testing on bare metal hardware in
UNH-IOL Community Lab. Honnappa will create a bugzilla ticket for this
item.
* Next Meeting: October 22, 2020

-- 
Lincoln Lavoie
Senior Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, back to index

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-08 14:28 [dpdk-ci] October 8 Community CI Minutes Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox