DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Community CI Minutes - September 10, 2020
@ 2020-09-10 15:36 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2020-09-10 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

September 10, 2020

#############################################
Attendees
#############################################

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. Trishan de Lanerolle
3. Bradon Lo
4. James Hendergart
5. Thomas Monjalon
6. Zhaoyan Chen
7. Aaron Conole
8. Ali Alnubani
9. David Marchand
10. Honnappa Nagarahalli
11. Juraj Linkes
12. Kananyev
13. Kevin
14. Olivier Matz
15. Tomasz Zawadzki

#############################################
Agenda
#############################################

1. CI Status
2. Test Development
3. Any other business

#############################################
Minutes
#############################################

===================================
CI Status

---------------------
Travis CI

   * BUG-508: Missing Reports - this can be closed
   * System is stable, please report any issues.
   * Patch to enable ARM jobs, Aaron will review this and merge if
ready, http://patches.dpdk.org/patch/76136/

---------------------
OBS

   * Still in progress, the system just needs to be integrated with
the robot that runs the Travis CI jobs, to enable the builds.

---------------------
Intel Lab

   * Completed changes to remove Makefile builds.
   * Still refining the reports Meson builds, since these have changed
with removing Makefile results, etc.  Results are still being run /
submitted to patchworks.  This should be completed by the next
meeting.
   * Planning to add some tests for vertIO and CryptIO, but this is
hardware dependent, and may be submitted to the UNH-IOL community lab
to host the hardware.
   * Also looking into ABI capability testing for the community.

---------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

   * Lab status
      * Intel 40G results were being dropped/missed, this was fixed.
Jenkins agent needed to be rebooted.
      * Mellanox systems being upgraded (drivers / firmware) and are
offline today, should be done by the end of today.
      * Intel 10G is still offline, being used to integrate the
functional testing.
      * Functional Testing - Working to add additional functional
testing into the lab, 15 tests are underway on the Intel 10Gbe system.
Some are reporting the NIC doesn’t support the feature.  40Gbe system
is running 7 functional tests, results submitted to patchworks.
Broadcom 25Gbe is running 5 functional tests and reporting to
patchworks.
   * BUG-534: Removing Make Support: removed standard build and
brought down OVS and SPDK compile (these also break).  Need to update
the scripts to change the build method for these to be re-enabled.
   * BUG-489: Broadcom is working on an issue with starting TRex with
the 100Gbe NIC, that is currently blocking that work.  25Gbe tests are
still running the mean time.
   * BUG-408: ARM Hardware is ready to be shipped to the lab and this
is currently being arranged now, assuming approximately 1 week to get
the hardware here (assuming no customs issues with import from UK).
   * BUG-504: Upgrades to DTS on Mellanox systems - not started
   * BUG-490: Capture versions in testing runs - this is pending, not
started yet
   * BUG-184: Emails for GA performance runs - this is pending, not started yet
   * BUG-170: Separate user emails instead of CC, pending, not yet started.

---------------------
General

   * BUG-511: System to categorize patches for testing
   * BUG-201: Patch Dependencies
   * BUG-230: Tutorial on lab setup

===================================
Test Development

---------------------
Completed Features

   1. MTU Update
   2. Basic stats
   3. Speed Capabilities
   4. Checksum offload checks
   5. Multicast Mac Filtering
   6. RSS Key Update
   7. L3 and L4 Checksum Offload
   8. Multicast mac address filter
   9. Linux Kernel Module VFIO Testing
   10. Linux Kernel Module UIO Testing
   11. FW Version
   12. Rx Interrupt (submitted, not yet merged)

---------------------
Features in Progress

   1. Speed Capabilities
      * Pending updates to testpmd (BUG-496), just keeping here to
track status, etc.
   2. Inner RSS
      * Currently stalled by BUG-530. There doesn’t appear to be a way
to access information about this through testpmd, the BUG-530 proposes
the feature to testpmd.
   3. RX Interrupt
      * Submitted some changes and gathered feedback from the DTS team
that is being acted on. The changes are intended to help make the test
run more reliably, by reducing the number of times it needs to start
the pmd during the test, which can fail if started twice or not fully
shutdown.  DTS test made some suggestions about edge cases, which
we’re working to implement now.
   4. Module EEPROM Dump
      * Working through some additional changes to the implementation
in testpmd, as well as updating the test case to compare the testpmd
output with the external eth tool.  ETA for completion is probably
early next week.
   5. QinQ offload
      * Need to investigate which hardware supports the existing test
cases, as the i40e driver loops to not support these currently.
Lincoln will check if there is an additional Mellanox card floating
around the lab that could be used for this development.
   6. rte_flow
      * Working on a test approach to provide good coverage of
protocols / patterns.  Currently planning to limit to “base”
protocols, skipping things like IPv6 extension headers.  Planning to
test Patterns separate from Actions, for example, we wouldn’t try to
test every pattern combined with every action.  Some actions may not
be directly testable.  Additionally, there will be edge cases, for
more complex features, like Raw Patterns.
      * This is the current highest priority from the DPDK test board,
and should be finished up with the current development project.
      * Detailed discussion of testing:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_jEciQFZ-Lj1ASF_mQbCnB3U5FefdW2Z84HP1y-GJek/edit

---------------------
Future Development

   1. DTS Usability - Desire to improve this if there is a requirement
to develop / submit DTS functional test cases with new features
submitted into DPDK.  Goals: 1) get more developers participate in DTS
development, 2) get more DPDK developers using to test their code, 3)
eventually required test integration with DPDK. Lincoln will create a
Google document to collect feedback on the DTS usability and share it
out to the tech board.
   2. vertIO Feature
   3. CryptIO Feature

===================================
Any Other Business

* Next Meeting: September 24, 2020
   * Add all members of the technical board to the meeting invite.
* https://bugs.dpdk.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cpriority%2Cbug_status%2Cassigned_to%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&component=job%20scripts&component=UNH%20infra&component=Intel%20Lab&component=Travis%20CI&list_id=2663&order=priority%2Cchangeddate%20DESC&product=lab&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

-- 
Lincoln Lavoie
Senior Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, back to index

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-09-10 15:36 [dpdk-ci] Community CI Minutes - September 10, 2020 Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox