DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Community CI Meeting Minutes - November 5, 2020
@ 2020-12-18 16:43 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2020-12-18 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 3907 bytes --]

Hi All,

Looks like I missed mailing these out, sending now for record keeping.

November 5, 2020

#########################################
Attendees
#########################################

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. James Hendergart
3. Thomas Monjalon
4. Brandon Lo
5. Gal Cohen
6. Ruxiang Wang
7. Honnappa Nagarahalli
8. Juraj Linkes
9. Zhaoyan Chen

#########################################
Agenda
#########################################

1. CI Status
2. Test Development
3. Any other business

#########################################
Minutes
#########################################

=========================================
CI Status
=========================================

-----------------------------------------
General
-----------------------------------------

* BUG-210 (Patches with dependency fails to apply): Syntax is now official
in the documentation, should be possible to update the script to look for /
parse this information.
   * UNH-IOL will look into implementing this, either in git-pw or as a
wrapper to that.
* BUG-511 (Add check if performance tests are needed): This can also be
implemented to avoid running unnecessary testing.
   * UNH-IOL will look into implementing this.

-----------------------------------------
Travis CI / OBS
-----------------------------------------

* No updates

-----------------------------------------
Intel Lab
-----------------------------------------

* No issues, running for 20.11 release.
* Need to extend the coverage if possible to add more devices / drivers.
This would have caught a recent failure within the testpmd component, if
additional drivers are being checked.  Zhaoyan will discuss internally and
come back with a proposed plan.
* Intel is planning to add test cases to the UNH-IOL hosted hardware for
crypto and virt-io.  Lincoln to work with Zhaoyan on this plan and report
back to the group.

-----------------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab
-----------------------------------------

* Seeing some apply errors as the branches change rapidly with the 20.11
release prep.  We’ve been watching and manually selecting the branch where
possible for these cases.
* Working on reliability with DPDK unit testing script
   * https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=566
* Making changes to meson compile to reduce amount of false failures
reported on the dashboard
* Investigating issue with patch sets not being picked up by the server
* ARM hardware still being set up with DTS/TREX
* Working on migrating rte_flow functional test into production systems
* Reporting format
   * Desire to have the last N lines of the console log included in the
email report, this will make it easier to debug quickly.  We’ll file a bug
on this item to track this.  Plan to launch this after the 20.11 release is
completed. (See BUG-569).

=========================================
Test Development
=========================================

* rte_flow was completed and merged into the DTS main branch.
* Future Work
* DTS Feedback - Some initial (rough draft) user and developer feedback has
been captured here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit
 Tech board is looking into DTS as a priority for 2021, and this feedback
is extremely valuable to that process.  Please contribute! A lot of the
devs are very busy with the 20.11 release, so we’ll keep reminding this
over the next few meetings, so we don’t forget.

=========================================
Any other business
=========================================

* Next Meeting: November 19, 2020

-- 
*Lincoln Lavoie*
Senior Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)
<https://www.iol.unh.edu>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 5158 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-12-18 16:45 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-12-18 16:43 [dpdk-ci] Community CI Meeting Minutes - November 5, 2020 Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git