DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] October 22, 2020 - Community CI Meeting Minutes
@ 2020-10-22 14:10 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2020-10-22 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

October 22, 2020

#####################################################
Attendees

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. James Hendergart
3. Trishan de Lanerolle
4. Thomas Monjalon
5. Brandon Lo
6. Gal Cohen
7. Aaron Conole
8. Ruxiang Wang
9. Lijuan Tu
10. Honnappa Nagarahalli
11. Juraj Linkes

Note, I missed grabbing a screenshot of the meeting attendees to make
this list this week (created the above list from memory, apologizes
for any missed people).

#####################################################
Agenda

1. CI Status
2. Test Development
3. Any other business

#####################################################
Minutes

=============================================
CI Status

-------------------------------------
General

* BUG-210 (Patches with dependency fails to apply): Syntax is now
official in the documentation, should be possible to update the script
to look for / parse this information.
   * UNH-IOL will look into implementing this, either in git-pw or as
a wrapper to that.
* BUG-511 (Add check if performance tests are needed): This can also
be implemented to avoid running unnecessary testing.
   * UNH-IOL will look into implementing this.

-------------------------------------
Travis CI / OBS

* OBS still has an issue with meson build, Aaron should be able to
work on this next week.
* Travis CI, Aaron needs to check if there are changes for which patch
is applied to each tree, also on the agenda for next week, related to
BUG-210.

-------------------------------------
Intel Lab

* Upgraded some OSes to newer versions for the 20.11 release, new
versions are listed in the reports back to patchworks, etc.

-------------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

* ARM hardware is being set up for DTS performance and functional
testing.  Being added to the lab IPA (accounting) and Jenkins
pipelines.
   * https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=408
* Pre-existing DTS instances using igb_uio have been migrated to
vfio-pci (Intel / Broadcom done, doesn’t apply to Mellanox, they’re
running their own driver).
   * Working on expanding Intel 10/40G functional testing on new driver
* Fedora Rawhide container is now able to compile GCC11 and DPDK
   * Bug files for build warnings / failures:
https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=557
   * Some fixes back to DPDK fix a little bit of this as a work
around, but not yet stable / added to the CI pipeline.
* Looking to expand functional testing to Mellanox hardware setup
* NXP DTS setup issues are being looked into
   * https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=542
   * NXP machine now able to compile DPDK using Meson
* Planning on implementing rte_flow functional test on bare-metal
hardware, once merged to DTS.

=============================================
Test Development

-------------------------------------
Completed Features

1. MTU Update
2. Basic stats
3. Speed Capabilities
4. Checksum offload checks
5. Multicast Mac Filtering
6. RSS Key Update
7. L3 and L4 Checksum Offload
8. Multicast mac address filter
9. Linux Kernel Module VFIO Testing
10. Linux Kernel Module UIO Testing
11. FW Version
12. Rx Interrupt
13. Module EEPROM Dump

-------------------------------------
Work in Progress

1. rte_flow
   * Development work completed - 95 test cases, covering basic
protocols and what is included in testpmd, frames should be easy to
extend as new protocols are added, etc.
   * Submitted to DTS on October 14, 2020, first feedback received
October 22.  UNH-IOL will work to implement the requested changes
(mostly around patch formatting).
   * Submitted bug (BUG-555) to DPDK for rules that validated, but
failed to create, etc.

2. Speed Capabilities
   * Pending updates to testpmd (BUG-496), just keeping here to track
status, etc.

3. Inner RSS
   * Currently stalled by BUG-530. There doesn’t appear to be a way to
access information about this through testpmd, the BUG-530 proposes
the feature to testpmd.

-------------------------------------
Future Work

* DTS Feedback - Some initial (rough draft) user and developer
feedback has been captured here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c5S0_mZzFvzZfYkqyORLT2-qNvUb-fBdjA6DGusy4yM/edit
 Tech board is looking into DTS as a priority for 2021, and this
feedback is extremely valuable to that process.  Please contribute! A
lot of the devs are very busy with the 20.11 release, so we’ll keep
reminding this over the next few meetings, so we don’t forget.

=============================================
Any other business

* Next Meeting November 5, 2020


-- 
Lincoln Lavoie
Senior Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, back to index

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-10-22 14:10 [dpdk-ci] October 22, 2020 - Community CI Meeting Minutes Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox