DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Community CI Meeting Minutes - October 7, 2021
@ 2021-10-08 15:50 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2021-10-08 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 4311 bytes --]

October 7, 2021

#####################################################################
Attendees

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. David Marchand
3. Ashley Weltz
4. Aaron Conole
5. Michael Santana
6. Juraj Linkeš

#####################################################################
Agenda

1. CI Status
2. Test Development
3. Any other business

#####################################################################
Minutes

=====================================================================
CI Status

---------------------------------------------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

* UNH Community Lab had an infrastructure failure on September 27, caused
by a failed update to the Jenkins server that is responsible for the
automation of testing.  This was fixed on October 3.  System is running now
and jobs largely are caught up.  If a patch needs to be retested, please
let us know.
   * Request to announce upgrades to the community prior to deployment.
   * Request to get monitoring / notification systems in place, to send
automated notifications to the community.
   * Request to send out the post mortem review to the ci mailing.
* Automated container image refresh (include ABI reference handling) is now
in place, this ensures unit testing is run in current / updated OS
environments.  Current plan is to refresh the images on a monthly basis,
likely the first Monday of the month, or similar.
* Dashboard update will be released in the near future (likely next week)
to add a new tab to show “periodic” testing.  These are the test runs for
the next repos and the LTS branches.  This will give an easy view for
maintainers (i.e. filter by their branch, etc.).
* One fix for FreeBSD 13.0 unit tests has been completed, still one other
blocking issue to enable unit testing in FreeBSD 13.0.
* Current work items:
   * Develop testing harness for FIPS (i.e. integrate with NIST systems).
   * Develop DTS vertIO testing into the lab, and release formal definition
of the VM needed for this test.
   * Continue work to deploy code analysis tools (asan, sonarcloud, etc).
* Need to check the status of the arm unit testing and follow up with David
Marchand.
* David Marchand started working on opening Bugzillia tickets for ASAN
issues: https://bugs.dpdk.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=[asan]

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Lab

* Holiday this week in China.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Github Actions / OBS

* Github Actions (zero-day robot) had an outage caused by a hardware
failure. This has been resolved and things should also be running normally
now.
* OBS Support, Aaron Conole sent some feedback on the scripts, should be
the final rounds of review for OBS scripts, which should come online in the
next two weeks.  Logs are downloaded and sent as part of the email (they
will be larger).  Plan is to key an eye on things for email sizes and
storage, etc.
* No word yet on the arm application, which will enable access to arm
hardware that is being hosted remotely. Aaron will check on the progress
and report back.

=====================================================================
Test Development

* DTS Improvements WG presented initial outcomes and proposed a plan to the
techboard, for the strategy to expand requirements on test development
(i.e. new features must come with tests).
* DTS improvements / action items captured here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1s_Y3Ph1sVptYs6YjOxkUI8rVzrPFGpTZzd75gkpgIXY/edit#gid=1128536548
* Next Steps is to assign / collect volunteers for the tasks (see above
excel sheet).
* Techboard has a couple of decision points related to the DTS work
(expected during the next meeting, October 20, 2021).
* Going forward, once work is started, this meeting (Community CI) would
oversee the DTS updates and maintenance.

=====================================================================
Any other business
* Next Meeting: October 21, 2021


-- 
*Lincoln Lavoie*
Principal Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)
<https://www.iol.unh.edu>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 5452 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-10-08 15:50 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-10-08 15:50 [dpdk-ci] Community CI Meeting Minutes - October 7, 2021 Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git