DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Community CI Meeting Minutes December 16, 2021
@ 2021-12-16 15:45 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2021-12-16 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

DPDK Community CI Meeting Minutes

Dec 16, 2021

#####################################################################
Attendees

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. Owen Hilyard
3. Lijuan Tu
4. Ali Alnubani
5. Ashley Weltz
6. Aaron Conole

#####################################################################
Agenda

1. General Announcements
2. CI Status
3. Test Development
4. Any other business

#####################################################################
Minutes

=====================================================================

General Announcements
* Community CI Minutes for 2022:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1418zSTOVDGvP2X8OlDC-vX1rKvbSL_rL2o2BC1ovjek/edit#

=====================================================================
CI Status

---------------------------------------------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

* Lab downtime & Upgrades
   * Jenkins upgrades are completed.  There is a little more configuration
cleanup to do, as some plugins changed, etc.  But that can be done with
things running.
   * OpenVPN / Router was also upgraded.
      * VPN has some latency (reported by Ali), need to confirm if it’s
caused by tcp / udp transport.
   * Backend database and public dashboard VM still to do.  Dashboard will
be upgraded today.
   * All upgrades should be completed before the holiday week.
* SonarCloud scanning
   * Ready to go into production.
   * Need to set up a community organization, similar to Coverity, so
external users can get to historical reports, etc.
   * Before we create the organization, is anyone aware of an existing one?
Answer seems to be no.
   * Who would like to be set up with access into the organization?  Let
UNH-IOL know if you would like to have an account in the organization.
   * For the run schedule, should we do something similar to coverity? This
will be the initial setup approach.
   * Looking into pulling reports down, so we can email them out, compared
to relying on the external system (like Coverity does).
* SPDK testing is still disabled, waiting on their “catch up to the DPDK
21.11 changes.
* FIPS is still in progress.
   * Brandon has been discussing this with the maintainers, their
recommendation was to remove / refactor to support only the new format of
the NIST vectors.
* DTS VirtIO
   * Owen has the initial VMs setup, working on the “codified version” of
the VM definition and getting the initial testing running.
   * Works for a few tests, so working through the requirements to get all
the test cases running.
   * Current plan is to provide scripts to build Ubuntu and RHEL families.
   * Intel may have some existing VMs that are used for internal testing,
Owen to follow up with Lijuan.
* Spell Check
   *
https://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/20211201165954.16153-1-hnadeau@iol.unh.edu/
   * Still waiting on review and merge into DPDK, before this be deployed
and enabled in the community lab.
* 2022 Work Planning - Requests todate
   * Ask from the Tech-board to develop a retrospective on the 2021 work
for the Tech-board.
   * Develop the retesting request system, to allow requests (via email),
that can be used by any lab / CI running that is “watching” patchworks.
This will be deployed into the community lab, and example scripts /
watchers can be provided for other labs.
   * Deploy compression performance testing (carry forward from 2021).
   * Generate code coverage reports for testing using Gcov / Lcov for both
unit testing & PDM functional / performance testing (carry forward from
2021).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Lab

* Intel is planning to schedule downtime and upgrades around the week of
December 20, probably about 2-3 weeks of downtime.
* Working to enable some RTE testing, but some c_arg options are not
supported in the meson build.  These are being reported up to DPDK as bugs.
 https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=910
* Working on some patches for DTS to support ASAN, Owen reviewed the
patches and is happy to set up a time to discuss this online.  If there are
build system requirements / interactions, may need some review from Bruce
as well.  There are still some known memory leaks in the sample
applications.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Github Actions & OBS

* In the process of looking into a few things, running into some Github
infrastructure issues.  There are some rate-limiting issues coming from
dockerhub.
* Working with Intel to develop AVX512 for OVS, will look into how this
could be reported / applicable to DPDK.

=====================================================================
Test Development

* The DTS Improvements team held a session to present the work plan for
what will change.
*
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Zn6RQeD99Q60XgX6h06o8s4CHXSGgxPGWSU761B8u0I/edit
* Some concerns about the development workflows and the requirement for
developers to learn python.
* Documentation improvement is a critical path / step for these changes.
* Need to develop some DTS training materials, such as recorded videos, etc.
* Open call for developers to help with the proposed action items (refer to
the above slides for the full list).
* Owen, Lijuan, and Lincoln to start an email thread with Honnappa about
the DTS WG 2022 planning.

=====================================================================
Any other business

* Next meeting: January 6, 2021

-- 
*Lincoln Lavoie*
Principal Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)
<https://www.iol.unh.edu>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-12-16 15:45 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-12-16 15:45 Community CI Meeting Minutes December 16, 2021 Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git