From: Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@amd.com>
To: hemant.agrawal@nxp.com,
	Honnappa Nagarahalli <Honnappa.Nagarahalli@arm.com>,
	"Richardson, Bruce" <bruce.richardson@intel.com>,
	"techboard@dpdk.org" <techboard@dpdk.org>,
	"dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>
Cc: Huisong Li <lihuisong@huawei.com>,
	Chengwen Feng <fengchengwen@huawei.com>, nd <nd@arm.com>
Subject: Re: MAC address set requires decision
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2023 14:18:59 +0000	[thread overview]

On 2/23/2023 4:32 AM, Hemant Agrawal wrote:

> On 22-Feb-23 11:25 PM, Honnappa Nagarahalli wrote:

I think #2 is not fully backward compatible,

Previously set() replaces MAC in list[0], so multiple set() commands end
up with single MAC address. So device will filter only one MAC.

With #2, after first set(), application will need to add() first, later
set() and del() old MAC, if I understand correctly.

prev:
set(MAC1)
set(MAC2)
set(MAC3)

becomes:
set(MAC1)
add(MAC2)
set(MAC2)
del(MAC1)
add(MAC3)
set(MAC3)
del(MAC2)

Hence I think this complicates application that wants to just update
default MAC.