* [dpdk-dev] Proposed dates for 20.02 release
@ 2019-09-11 17:55 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-09-11 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev; +Cc: John McNamara, Thomas Monjalon, Qian Xu

Hi,

We need input to plan the 20.02 release dates.

There are two constraints for the .02 releases which makes it harder to plan,
the Christmas/New Year's holidays and Chinese Spring Festival Holiday.

This years schedule for them is:

* Christmas/New Year's:
  25,26 December; 1 January. In practice many people will be on leave on WW52.

* Chinese Spring Festival Holiday:
  24-30 January (inclusive).

According above dates proposed dates are:

Proposal/V1:		6 December (4 weeks)				[WW49]
Integration/Merge/RC1:	10 January (5 weeks including Christmas)	[WW2]
Release:		7 February (4 weeks including Spring Festival)	[WW6]

Please comment if you have any concerns or objections on the proposed dates.

The dates are finalized in "Release Status Meeting" which is open to the
community, anyone wants to discuss further can attend those meetings [1].

Thanks,
ferruh

[1]
Meeting details are at the bottom of the notes:
https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-September/142490.html

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Proposed dates for 20.02 release
@ 2019-09-11 20:27 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-09-11 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: dpdk-dev, John McNamara, Qian Xu

11/09/2019 19:55, Ferruh Yigit:
> There are two constraints for the .02 releases which makes it harder to plan,
> the Christmas/New Year's holidays and Chinese Spring Festival Holiday.
>
> This years schedule for them is:
>
> * Christmas/New Year's:
>   25,26 December; 1 January. In practice many people will be on leave on WW52.
>
> * Chinese Spring Festival Holiday:
>   24-30 January (inclusive).
>

> According above dates proposed dates are:
>
> Proposal/V1:		6 December (4 weeks)				[WW49]
> Integration/Merge/RC1:	10 January (5 weeks including Christmas)	[WW2]
> Release:		7 February (4 weeks including Spring Festival)	[WW6]

10 January for integration deadline is short.
And we should give more time after China holiday.
I suggest to shift rc1 and final release dates by one week.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Proposed dates for 20.02 release
@ 2019-11-07 13:07   ` Yigit, Ferruh
From: Yigit, Ferruh @ 2019-11-07 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: dpdk-dev, John McNamara, Qian Xu

On 9/11/2019 9:27 PM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 11/09/2019 19:55, Ferruh Yigit:
>> There are two constraints for the .02 releases which makes it harder to plan,
>> the Christmas/New Year's holidays and Chinese Spring Festival Holiday.
>>
>> This years schedule for them is:
>>
>> * Christmas/New Year's:
>>   25,26 December; 1 January. In practice many people will be on leave on WW52.
>>
>> * Chinese Spring Festival Holiday:
>>   24-30 January (inclusive).
>>

>> According above dates proposed dates are:
>>
>> Proposal/V1:		6 December (4 weeks)				[WW49]
>> Integration/Merge/RC1:	10 January (5 weeks including Christmas)	[WW2]
>> Release:		7 February (4 weeks including Spring Festival)	[WW6]
>
> 10 January for integration deadline is short.
> And we should give more time after China holiday.
> I suggest to shift rc1 and final release dates by one week.

It seems there is no objection to shift, also in new dates Cathal suggested
pulling rc1 from Friday 17 to Wednesday 15 January, to give enough time to PRC
team before holidays, so final proposed dates are as following:

Proposal/V1:		6 December
Integration/Merge/RC1:	15 January
Release:		14 February

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Proposed dates for 20.02 release
@ 2019-11-07 13:58     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-11-07 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: dpdk-dev, John McNamara, Qian Xu

07/11/2019 14:07, Yigit, Ferruh:
> On 9/11/2019 9:27 PM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> > 11/09/2019 19:55, Ferruh Yigit:
> >> There are two constraints for the .02 releases which makes it harder to plan,
> >> the Christmas/New Year's holidays and Chinese Spring Festival Holiday.
> >>
> >> This years schedule for them is:
> >>
> >> * Christmas/New Year's:
> >>   25,26 December; 1 January. In practice many people will be on leave on WW52.
> >>
> >> * Chinese Spring Festival Holiday:
> >>   24-30 January (inclusive).
> >>

> >> According above dates proposed dates are:
> >>
> >> Proposal/V1:		6 December (4 weeks)				[WW49]
> >> Integration/Merge/RC1:	10 January (5 weeks including Christmas)	[WW2]
> >> Release:		7 February (4 weeks including Spring Festival)	[WW6]
> >
> > 10 January for integration deadline is short.
> > And we should give more time after China holiday.
> > I suggest to shift rc1 and final release dates by one week.
> >

> It seems there is no objection to shift, also in new dates Cathal suggested
> pulling rc1 from Friday 17 to Wednesday 15 January, to give enough time to PRC
> team before holidays, so final proposed dates are as following:
>
> Proposal/V1:		6 December
> Integration/Merge/RC1:	15 January
> Release:		14 February

I agree with these dates.