* [dpdk-dev] i40e VXLAN TSO issue
@ 2020-05-26  1:36 yang_y_yi
From: yang_y_yi @ 2020-05-26  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: beilei.xing, yangyi01

Hi, folk

I'm trying to enable VXLAN TSO support in OVS DPDK, [1]
is RFC patch, I tested it, it can work in term of functionality, but the
performance is very bad, I don't know why, anybody can help on this? I tested it on X710, and tried dpdk
19.11 and dpdk 19.11.2, the same performance issue is
there.

I have the below questions:

#1. For large TSO packet, it is about 64K, but ret_mbuf
size is MTU of DPDK port, multi-segmented mbuf is necessary, but I checked
GSO code, it seems the attached mbuf includes packet header, anybody can help
confirm external mbuf is ok for Tx on physical dpdk port? It doesn't work per my check.

 #2. Can anybody help review code [1] and find out the root cause?

Thank you in advance.

 [1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/20200525090337.110640-1-yang_y_yi@163.com/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-05-26  1:36 UTC | newest]