* [dpdk-dev] OpenSSL and non-BSD licenses in DPDK
@ 2016-08-31 17:26 Bodek, Zbigniew
From: Bodek, Zbigniew @ 2016-08-31 17:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello Everyone,

First of all I would like to say hello since this is my first e-mail to this
mailing list.

I would like to ask a question regarding code licensing and importing code that
uses different license than BSD-like. Especially I'm curious about the code
that goes with OpenSSL/SSLeay license. Is it allowed to import such sources
(or derived work) to DPDK? I've seen some GPL stuff, mostly kernel modules from
Intel. So what with the above mentioned OpenSSL?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Kind regards
Zbigniew

* Re: [dpdk-dev] OpenSSL and non-BSD licenses in DPDK
@ 2016-08-31 18:08 ` Matthew Hall
From: Matthew Hall @ 2016-08-31 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodek, Zbigniew; +Cc: dev

On Wed, Aug 31, 2016 at 05:26:41PM +0000, Bodek, Zbigniew wrote:
> I've seen some GPL stuff, mostly kernel modules from
> Intel. So what with the above mentioned OpenSSL?

The modules are that way to be compatible with the kernel. The rest is BSD.
See: http://dpdk.org/dev on Licenses.

Matthew.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] OpenSSL and non-BSD licenses in DPDK
@ 2016-09-01  9:22 ` Remy Horton
From: Remy Horton @ 2016-09-01  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bodek, Zbigniew, dev

Morning,

On 31/08/2016 18:26, Bodek, Zbigniew wrote:
[..]
> I would like to ask a question regarding code licensing and importing code that
> uses different license than BSD-like. Especially I'm curious about the code
> that goes with OpenSSL/SSLeay license. Is it allowed to import such sources
> (or derived work) to DPDK? I've seen some GPL stuff, mostly kernel modules from
> Intel. So what with the above mentioned OpenSSL?

It is not my call to make, but my guess is the answer will almost
certainly be "No". DPDK makes it way into commercial products, and the
companies concerned (well, their lawyers actually..) most likley won't
like the prospect of extra licencing conditions slipping in.

..Remy