* [dpdk-dev] Possible bug in mlx5_tx_burst_mpw?
@ 2016-09-14 13:24 Luke Gorrie
From: Luke Gorrie @ 2016-09-14 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Howdy,

Just noticed a line of code that struck me as odd and so I am writing just
in case it is a bug:

http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/drivers/net/mlx5/mlx5_rxtx.c#n1014

Specifically the check "(mpw.length != length)" in mlx_tx_burst_mpw() looks
like a descriptor-format optimization for the special case where
consecutive packets on the wire are exactly the same size. This would
strike me as peculiar.

Just wanted to check, is that interpretation correct and if so then is this
intentional?

Cheers,
-Luke