* [dpdk-dev] Integration of DPDK with a seperate application
@ 2017-04-11 12:14 reshma sarat
From: reshma sarat @ 2017-04-11 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi,
In my application, I am making use of DPDK APIs for sending and receiving
packets. I have now imported some of its header files of DPDK to my
application. But on executing make command, an error such as
:/rte_memory.h:83:2: error: #error "Unsupported cache line size"
 is what I am getting. How to overcome this error?
Regards,
Reshma

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Integration of DPDK with a seperate application
@ 2017-04-11 12:34 ` Neil Horman
From: Neil Horman @ 2017-04-11 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: reshma sarat; +Cc: dev

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 05:44:50PM +0530, reshma sarat wrote:
> Hi,
> In my application, I am making use of DPDK APIs for sending and receiving
> packets. I have now imported some of its header files of DPDK to my
> application. But on executing make command, an error such as
> :/rte_memory.h:83:2: error: #error "Unsupported cache line size"
>  is what I am getting. How to overcome this error?
> Regards,
> Reshma

I assume by exporting, you mean moving the header files to a location that is in
some way packagable with your application?

Don't do that.

the DPDK header files rely on their heirarchy to work properly.  You could move
the rte_config.h file, which is what you are missing in this case, to define the
proper cache line size for the system on which you are building, but the correct
solution is to independently install the DPDK on your devel system, and include
those dpdk header files with -I directives

Neil