* [dpdk-dev] meson reference guide
@ 2019-06-05 10:27 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-06-05 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bruce.richardson, bluca; +Cc: dev

Hi,

For the make build system, we have doc/build-sdk-quick.txt
which is very short and displayed with "make help" for a quick reference.

For meson, we have doc/build-sdk-meson.txt which is in reality
a full guide formatted in rst.
Should it be moved in Sphinx guides?
Do we want a really short guide for the basic commands, including
runnning the tests or build the doc? with other basic tooling?

* Re: [dpdk-dev] meson reference guide
@ 2019-06-05 10:39 ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2019-06-05 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: bluca, dev

On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 12:27:34PM +0200, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For the make build system, we have doc/build-sdk-quick.txt
> which is very short and displayed with "make help" for a quick reference.
>
> For meson, we have doc/build-sdk-meson.txt which is in reality
> a full guide formatted in rst.
> Should it be moved in Sphinx guides?

Probably.

> Do we want a really short guide for the basic commands, including
> runnning the tests or build the doc? with other basic tooling?

Yes for a short guide, but not sure I'd include tests and building docs in
it. I'd suggest just starting with the first section alone of the existing
doc. For further docs, links to the online documentation on dpdk.org should
suffice rather than needing instructions on building the docs locally.

/Bruce