* [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 3/10/2019
@ 2019-10-03 11:14 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-10-03 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdk-dev; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon

Minutes 3 October 2019
----------------------

Agenda:
* Release Dates
* Subtrees
* OvS
* Opens

Participants:
* Debian/Microsoft
* Intel
* Marvell
* Mellanox
* NXP
* Red Hat

Release Dates
-------------

* v19.11 dates:
  * Integration/Merge/RC1 date pushed to *Wednesday 23 October*
    * Sub-trees needs to be ready on *Monday 21 October*
  * Release pushed to *Friday 22 November*

* There is a PRC holiday on October 1-7

* Proposed dates for 20.02 release on the mail list, please comment
  https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-September/143311.html
  These dates may affected from the 19.11 delays, please review again.

Subtrees
--------

* main
  * David will be co-maintaining the main branch
  * Thomas start merging today, need 2-3 weeks

* next-net
  * ~150 patches in backlog, some may be pushed to rc2
  * It will be good if we can do an early merge to master branch this week

* next-net-crypto
  * Two new PMDs, nitrox one is almost ready
    * changes requested for 'octeontx2'
  * Some Intel patches, 'qat' ones requires review
  * ipsec patches review today/tomorrow, planning to merge next week
  * There are some crypto change proposal not ready yet

* next-net-virtio
  * Pulled to next-net previous week
  * Reviews going on, some will be merged tomorrow
  * Maxime's patch requires new revision
  * Flavio's vhost patch will be reviewed by Maxime, it is required by OvS

* next-net-intel
  * More patches to merge, PRC team is on holiday

* LTS

  * v18.11.3-rc1 is under test
    * Intel reported errors all fixed locally by Kevin
      * Will create an -rc2
    * More test from more companies is welcome
    * Microsoft investigation performance issue
    * Target release date is pushed to 14 October

  * v17.11.7 released
    * http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/announce/2019-September/000278.html
    * A last release 17.11.8 will be done with best effort
      * https://mails.dpdk.org/archives/web/2019-September/001205.html

OvS
---

* Started to test 18.11.3-rc1
* For TSO support, DPDK patch has been sent, review going on
  * https://patches.dpdk.org/patch/60373/
* 'dpdk_latest' rebased on 'master'

Open
----

* The time of the meeting is not good for the US timezone, we talked about
  changing the time of the meeting but not had enough time to discuss it.
  If you have any preferences, please comment.

DPDK Release Status Meetings
============================

The DPDK Release Status Meeting is intended for DPDK Committers to discuss
the status of the master tree and sub-trees, and for project managers to
track progress or milestone dates.

The meeting occurs on Thursdays at 8:30 UTC. If you wish to attend just
send an email to "John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>" for the invite.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 3/10/2019
@ 2019-10-03 15:33 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2019-10-03 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: dpdk-dev, Thomas Monjalon

On Thu, 3 Oct 2019 12:14:46 +0100
Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com> wrote:

> Open
> ----
>
> * The time of the meeting is not good for the US timezone, we talked about
>   changing the time of the meeting but not had enough time to discuss it.
>   If you have any preferences, please comment.

In the past (at OSDL) we had a meeting with rotating time slot
so that one geography got the night owl slot each rotation.