* [dpdk-dev] Exporting DPDK network interfaces statistics
@ 2020-03-21 18:47 Adel Belkhiri
From: Adel Belkhiri @ 2020-03-21 18:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hello guys,

I'm trying to develop a monitoring tool capable of exporting some
statistics about DPDK network interfaces. The problem with spawning a
"secondary process", the way proc-info does, is that not all the network
interfaces are "seen" but just those managed by a single primary process.

I was wondering if there is another way to implement this without spawning
many processes.

Thank you.

Adel.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Exporting DPDK network interfaces statistics
@ 2020-03-22  8:02 ` Tanvir Kekan
From: Tanvir Kekan @ 2020-03-22  8:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adel Belkhiri; +Cc: dev

Have you looked at mirroring the traffic
Of each interface to different vf ?

Thanks
Tanvir K

@ 2020-03-23 11:31 ` Bruce Richardson
From: Bruce Richardson @ 2020-03-23 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adel Belkhiri; +Cc: dev

On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 02:47:22PM -0400, Adel Belkhiri wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I'm trying to develop a monitoring tool capable of exporting some
> statistics about DPDK network interfaces. The problem with spawning a
> "secondary process", the way proc-info does, is that not all the network
> interfaces are "seen" but just those managed by a single primary process.
>
> I was wondering if there is another way to implement this without spawning
> many processes.
>
> Thank you.

Have you looked into the telemetry library and it's socket interface for
getting stats? If you run e.g. testpmd with --telemetry you can view stats
using the dpdk-telemetry-client.py script in usertools. There is also some
enhancments to telemetry proposed, which might be of interest to you too,
since it allows easier querying of the stats:
http://patches.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/list/?series=8987