* [dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes @25-Mar-2020
@ 2020-04-06  6:08 Hemant Agrawal
From: Hemant Agrawal @ 2020-04-06  6:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: techboard

Minutes of Technical Board Meeting, 25-Mar-2020

Members Attending
-----------------
-Bruce
-Hemant (Chair)
-Honnappa
-Jerin
-Kevin
-Konstantin
-Maxime
-Olivier
-Stephen
-Thomas

NOTE: The technical board meetings every second Wednesday on IRC channel  #dpdk-board, at 3pm UTC. Meetings are public and DPDK community members are welcome to attend.

NOTE: Next meeting will be on Wednesday 2020-04-08 @3pm UTC, and will be chaired by Ferruh

1) Kubernetes integration status request raised by Trishan - blog post?
              Maxime will look into it. He is currently busy.

2) How to share BPF with Linux
       The current DPDK BPF support is not complete and there are missing bits, which are DPDK specific. Specifically LD_INDIRECT/LD_ABSOLUTE and classic BPF to DPDK BPF converter are missing.
              The board agreed that we should try to work on creating shared code between DPDK and Linux. e.g eBPF verifier/jit etc.?
In the past DPDK team has communicated with Linux BPF maintainers, there is an opportunity to talk with them again for possible collaboration.
 A.I. Konstantin will restart the discussion.

3. IF proxy library introduction:
       http://patches.dpdk.org/cover/66503/
	It was discussed and agreed that there is a need to have a common mechanism to allow the user configuration to be passed to the DPDK app and better integration with Linux devices in DPDK and in common place.
	Next step is to review the proposed design and implementation in the mailing list.
	There was a suggestion that instead of creating a new app for if proxy, it should be integrated into L3fwd sample application. However it shall not cause perf drop.

4. Adding new apps and examples
              If new apps/examples are demonstrating new functionality and uses of APIs, which is not covered elsewhere. they will be ok The reviewers should suggest alternatives if the example functions should be built into an existing example.

	Any addition to app folder should be restricted to testing and CI purposes.

5. CfP for Bordeaux is open but not officially announced for now

      https://events.linuxfoundation.org/dpdk-userspace-summit/

* Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK techboard minutes @25-Mar-2020
@ 2020-04-06 15:07 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2020-04-06 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Hemant Agrawal; +Cc: dev, techboard

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 06:08:23 +0000
Hemant Agrawal <hemant.agrawal@nxp.com> wrote:

> 2) How to share BPF with Linux
>        The current DPDK BPF support is not complete and there are missing bits, which are DPDK specific. Specifically LD_INDIRECT/LD_ABSOLUTE and classic BPF to DPDK BPF converter are missing.
>               The board agreed that we should try to work on creating shared code between DPDK and Linux. e.g eBPF verifier/jit etc.?
> In the past DPDK team has communicated with Linux BPF maintainers, there is an opportunity to talk with them again for possible collaboration.
>  A.I. Konstantin will restart the discussion.

I have a CBF to eBPF prototype and would love to have collaboration on it.