* [dpdk-dev] Is there any application that uses Eventdev ?
@ 2021-01-18 19:19 Adel Belkhiri
From: Adel Belkhiri @ 2021-01-18 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi all,

I was wondering if Eventdev (or at least Pipeline) library is used by any
real application (not the ones in the "app" and "example" directories of
dpdk codebase). Actually, I developed few performance analyses related to
Eventdev (and other dpdk libraries) and I wanted to test it with real
applications. I looked at the source code of many applications like OVS,
VPP, Contrail vRouter, and others but didn't find any that leverages this
library. It seems to me that almost all the applications only use DPDK
basic libraries.

So, my question is, if there is any, can you point me to an application
that uses the Eventdev (or at least Pipeline) library?

Thank you.
Adele

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Is there any application that uses Eventdev ?
@ 2021-01-18 21:42 ` Stephen Hemminger
From: Stephen Hemminger @ 2021-01-18 21:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adel Belkhiri; +Cc: dev

On Mon, 18 Jan 2021 14:19:51 -0500
Adel Belkhiri <adel.belkhiri@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if Eventdev (or at least Pipeline) library is used by any
> real application (not the ones in the "app" and "example" directories of
> dpdk codebase). Actually, I developed few performance analyses related to
> Eventdev (and other dpdk libraries) and I wanted to test it with real
> applications. I looked at the source code of many applications like OVS,
> VPP, Contrail vRouter, and others but didn't find any that leverages this
> library. It seems to me that almost all the applications only use DPDK
> basic libraries.
>
> So, my question is, if there is any, can you point me to an application
> that uses the Eventdev (or at least Pipeline) library?
>

> Thank you.
> Adele

Not that I have seen. OVS, VPP, et al have a different scheduling and
control plane model.  Eventdev was done to support specialized hardware
so the applications are likely proprietary.

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Is there any application that uses Eventdev ?
@ 2021-01-19  3:47   ` Adel Belkhiri
From: Adel Belkhiri @ 2021-01-19  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stephen; +Cc: dev

I see, thank you Stephen for the information.