On 07/02/2024 23:24, Ferruh Yigit wrote: > Hi Maryam, > > How do you want to continue with the patch, I think options we considered: > > 1. Fix 'use_cni' documentation (which we can backport to LTS) and > overload the argument for new purpose. This will enable new feature by > keeping backward compatibility. And requires new version of this patch. > > 2. If the 'use_cni' is completely broken in the 23.11 LTS, which means > there is no user or backward compatibility to worry about, we can merge > this patch and backport it to LTS. > > 3. Don't backport this fix to LTS, merge only to current release, which > means your new feature won't be available to some users as long as a few > years. > > > (1.) is most user friendly, but if 'use_cni' already broken in LTS we > can go with option (2.). What do you think? > Hi Ferruh Approach 1 is what I was aiming for. I will respin the patchset shortly (just trying to break things down into logical changes - taking LTS support into account). BR Marym > > btw, @Ciara, @Maryam, if (2.) is true, how we end up having a feature > ('use_cni' dev_args) completely broken in an LTS release?