From: Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
To: "Chautru, Nicolas" <nicolas.chautru@intel.com>
Cc: "Mcnamara, John" <john.mcnamara@intel.com>,
	"dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
	"Devlin, Michelle" <michelle.devlin@intel.com>
Subject: Re: Intel roadmap for 22.07
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2022 20:51:40 +0200	[thread overview]

29/03/2022 17:13, Chautru, Nicolas:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> The ACC101 PMD is to support a new silicon being PRQ this year by Intel. Note this is not a FPGA but an actual ASIC.
> There is some similarity with ACC100 but still a brand new silicon, new features, number of silicon bug fixes, different number of engines, different performance and hence a separate PMD.
> Let me know I unclear

Are you sure you tried hard to manage them with a common code?

Last time we asked such question, it was for DLB,
and it became clear later that it should be the same code,
otherwise you fix bugs two times, etc.

I understand it is a new silicon, but do you know the net driver mlx5
is the same for various hardware of the last 10 years?