From: Ferruh Yigit <ferruh.yigit@intel.com>
To: "dev@dpdk.org" <dev@dpdk.org>,
	Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>,
	David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com>
Cc: John McNamara <john.mcnamara@intel.com>,
	"Chen, Zhaoyan" <zhaoyan.chen@intel.com>,
	"Xu, Qian Q" <qian.q.xu@intel.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] DPDK Release Status Meeting 21/01/2021
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 09:04:39 +0000	[thread overview]

On 1/21/2021 12:04 PM, Ferruh Yigit wrote:
> Meeting minutes of 21 January 2021
> ----------------------------------

<...>

> Release Dates
> -------------
>
> * v21.02 dates
>    * -rc1 is released on Tuesday, 19 January 2021
>      * http://inbox.dpdk.org/dev/4846307.Pfn0FrbqUJ@thomas/
>    * -rc2                Friday, 29 January 2021
>    * -rc3                Friday, 5 February 2021
>    * Release pushed to   *Wednesday, 17 February 2021*
>
>    * Release date may conflict with Chinese New Year, we need to discuss and
>      define the release date offline in the mail list, please comment.

Hi all,

Following is the status of the Intel validation team,

If the -rc2 & -rc3 quality is good, the Intel validation team can finish the
-rc3 testing before holiday starts (11 February) so that release can be done on
17 February.

If the code changes need to happen after 11 February, or if there are more than
expected defects on the -rc3 testing, pushing the release to 26 February is the
safest option to complete all testing after holidays.

Taking into account that -rc3 is on 5 February, this gives us a little time to
code freeze to make release on 17 February.