* Consult the official release version of dpdk-kmod
@ 2023-04-10 12:34 wangzengyuan
From: wangzengyuan @ 2023-04-10 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, thomas, david.marchand; +Cc: luyicai, zhangxu (BA)

We are honored to use dpdk and dpdk-kmod, two outstanding open source softwares. However, according to the company's open source software usage standards, only officially released versions can be introduced as open source software. As far as I know, there is no official release of dpdk-kmod. Can the community release an official version for users?

Thank you for your time.

Yours sincerely

Zengyuan Wang

* Re: Consult the official release version of dpdk-kmod
@ 2023-04-12 15:23 ` Tyler Retzlaff
       [not found]   ` <0c5b8f2d30074739b4cbaf1a15fdc3d2@huawei.com>
From: Tyler Retzlaff @ 2023-04-12 15:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wangzengyuan; +Cc: dev, thomas, david.marchand, luyicai, zhangxu (BA)

On Mon, Apr 10, 2023 at 12:34:28PM +0000, wangzengyuan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are honored to use dpdk and dpdk-kmod, two outstanding open source softwares. However, according to the company's open source software usage standards, only officially released versions can be introduced as open source software. As far as I know, there is no official release of dpdk-kmod. Can the community release an official version for users?

are you asking about the linux or windows components? i can speak to
plans for the windows components if that's what is being asked.

@ 2023-04-19 12:09     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2023-04-19 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: wangzengyuan; +Cc: Tyler Retzlaff, dev, david.marchand, luyicai, zhangxu (BA)

Hello,

I don't know what should be a release of dpdk-kmod.
When to have a new tag?

About your need for Linux, there is only igb_uio which is considered as deprecated.
It is better replaced with VFIO (note there is a no-iommu option).
Why do you really need igb_uio?

13/04/2023 15:14, wangzengyuan: