Hi Konstantin£¬ I've been busy lately, sorry to reply to you late. > Instead of implicitly assuming that output mbufs will be allocated > from pkt_in pool, it would be better to have output_pool as explicit > parameter for that function. > In a same way we have it for rte_ipv4_fragment_packet(). > If I understand correctly, here you assume that out_pkt will always > be big enough to hold entire fragment, right? > But that can not always be the case and probably we shouldn't assume > that for generic function. > I suppose safest way would be either use rte_pktmbuf_copy() here > directly or do something similar to what that function doing ourselves here. reply: Thanks for the reminder, I will use explicit parameters and rte_pktmbuf_copy(); > Forgot to mention, new API has to be experimental. reply: Does this mean adding _rte_experimental when declaring a function? Huichao,Cai