From: "Burakov, Anatoly" <anatoly.burakov@intel.com>
To: Yongseok Koh <yskoh@mellanox.com>
Cc: dev <dev@dpdk.org>, Elena Agostini <eagostini@nvidia.com>,
	Wojtek Wasko <wwasko@nvidia.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-dev] warning on remapping memory
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 13:57:05 +0100	[thread overview]

On 11-Jun-19 7:50 PM, Yongseok Koh wrote:
> Hi Anatoly,
>
> There's a report that remap fails on a specific x86 host.
> We can silence this warning by specifying '--base-virtaddr',
> but wondering if you know in which case it could happen.
>
> Log attached.
>

> Thanks,
> Yongseok

What DPDK version is this?

In any case, i don't think there are specific circumstances in which
this is likely or unlikely to happen. Anything could be occupying those
addresses - libraries, code, more libraries, more code... The address is
taken, and EAL reports it. If you're not going to use secondary
processes, it can be ignored. If you are, well, truth is there's little
you can do to fix it :( This is just a byproduct of how our secondary
processes work.

Anatoly