* [dpdk-dev] [RFC] compressdev: Proposal to add new PMD for EC2 ARM instances
@ 2019-09-13 22:14 Chungath, Vimal
From: Chungath, Vimal @ 2019-09-13 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: \"thomas@monjalon.net;fiona.trahe@intel.com;
	pablo.de.lara.guarch@intel.com; ashish.gupta\"
  Cc: dev

Hi Thomas, Fiona, Pablo and Ashish,

This is Vimal from EC2 team at AWS and this proposal is for adding a
compression PMD to DPDK to take advantage of the hardware accelerated
compression engine on ARM instances.

The proposed driver will be initially supporting LZ4 compression
algorithm and additional algorithms are planned for later.
I plan to send the patches by third week of Oct and I'm hoping the
changes can be incorporated into 19.11 release if review goes well.

Please let me know your thoughts and I'll be happy to answer any
further questions.

Regards,
Vimal Chungath