* [dpdk-dev] i40e: cannot strip VLAN header in VF
@ 2021-08-24 11:19 David Vodák
From: David Vodák @ 2021-08-24 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev; +Cc: Jeff Guo, Beilei Xing

Hi,

I am using DPDK i40e driver for Network Adapter XL710 of the Intel PAC
N3000 card. I am trying to use API in drivers/net/i40e/rte_pmd_i40e.h to
insert, filter and strip VLAN headers in virtual functions. Filtering
and inserting VLAN works fine but striping VLAN headers does not
(function rte_pmd_i40e_set_vf_vlan_stripq), since I can see packets
captured in virtual machine (which uses given VF) with VLAN header.

I use DPDK 20.11.0, linux kernel 5.13. The card is bound to vfio driver,
vfio virtual functions are used by VM's and vfio physical function is
used by DPDK.

Do you have any idea what could be causing this problem?

Best regards,

David

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-08-24 11:19 UTC | newest]