Hi,Stephen Thank you very much for your reply! >I would just replace all of the rte_memcpy with memcpy I will replace all of the rte_memcpy with memcpy. >I expect that rte_memcpy() is able to do better than memcpy() for larger copies because it is >likely to use bigger vector instructions and check for alignment. >For small copies just doing the mov's directly is going to be as fast or faster. >In fact, lots of places in DPDK should >replace rte_memcpy() with simple structure assignment to preserve type safety. I don't know the dividing line(the size of the data) between rte_memcpy and memcpy. We simply test 1500 bytes of replication, memcpy seems to be faster, maybe our test is not accurate enough. >This is somewhat historical data, it might be wrong. It would be worthwhile to have benchmarks >across different sizes (variable and fixed), different compilers, and different CPU's. >There might be surprising results. So I hope this can go on and provide a more professional rte_memcpy manual.Thanks! Huichao,Cai