* Next year of LTSes
@ 2023-11-09 10:30 Luca Boccassi
From: Luca Boccassi @ 2023-11-09 10:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: Xueming Li, Kevin Traynor, Mcnamara, John, Thomas Monjalon,
	David Marchand

Hi,

We should start thinking about the next year of LTSes and how to organize.

20.11 will be EOL after the next upcoming release being prepared now,
as it's now 3 years old. So long, and thanks for all the fixes.

Currently Kevin is taking care of 21.11 and Xueming of 22.11.

Xueming, what do you think about, from next year (ie, after the
current set is done) me taking over 22.11, and you switching to 23.11?
The reason is that Debian uses "even" releases due to release cadence,
so just like I had vested interest for 20.11 for Debian 11, Debian 12
uses 22.11.

Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi

* Re: Next year of LTSes
@ 2023-12-07  9:50 ` Luca Boccassi
From: Luca Boccassi @ 2023-12-07  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev
  Cc: Xueming Li, Kevin Traynor, Mcnamara, John, Thomas Monjalon,
	David Marchand

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 at 10:30, Luca Boccassi <bluca@debian.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We should start thinking about the next year of LTSes and how to organize.
>
> 20.11 will be EOL after the next upcoming release being prepared now,
> as it's now 3 years old. So long, and thanks for all the fixes.
>
> Currently Kevin is taking care of 21.11 and Xueming of 22.11.
>
> Xueming, what do you think about, from next year (ie, after the
> current set is done) me taking over 22.11, and you switching to 23.11?
> The reason is that Debian uses "even" releases due to release cadence,
> so just like I had vested interest for 20.11 for Debian 11, Debian 12
> uses 22.11.

Bumping the thread now that 23.11 is out

* RE: Next year of LTSes
@ 2023-12-08  8:58   ` Xueming(Steven) Li
From: Xueming(Steven) Li @ 2023-12-08  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Boccassi, dev
  Cc: Kevin Traynor, Mcnamara, John,
	NBU-Contact-Thomas Monjalon (EXTERNAL),
	David Marchand

Luca, thanks for the suggestion, I don't want you to always take the most challengeable branch.
Nvidia internally using 22.11 as main development branch, I'd prefer to stick with 22.11.
Will let you know once the backport done, so you can take more tests on Debian. How do you think?