* [RFC v1 0/2] dts: initial checksum offload suite
@ 2024-08-12 13:41 Dean Marx
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Dean Marx @ 2024-08-12 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: probb, npratte, jspewock, luca.vizzarro, yoan.picchi,
	Honnappa.Nagarahalli, paul.szczepanek, juraj.linkes
  Cc: dev, Dean Marx

Test suite for verifying checksum hardware offload through the
PMD works as expected. This is done by checking the verbose output in
testpmd while in csum forwarding mode, specifically the ol_flags
section, to ensure they match the flags in the test plan. However,
there are a few issues I noticed while writing the suite that made
me hesitant to submit a patch:

1. SCTP hardware offload is not supported on any of the NICs I tested
on. I've tried this on mlx5, i40e, and bnxt drivers and none of them
support it. SCTP offload is used as part of almost every test case, so I
removed SCTP packets from the suite entirely. I intend to keep it that
way unless anyone is able to use the command "csum set sctp hw 0"
without an "SCTP not supported" error.
2. There are two Tx checksum test cases, which involve checking the Tx
flags section of verbose output to ensure they match the ones in the
test plan. However, the Tx flags don't appear to change at all
depending on what packet you send to testpmd, which leaves me with no
way to verify correct behavior. I'm considering removing the Tx cases
entirely, but they are a large chunk of the suite so if anyone disagrees
I can look for more of a workaround.

If anyone has any comments or advice about the issues above it is
greatly appreciated.

Dean Marx (2):
  dts: add csum HW offload to testpmd shell
  dts: checksum offload test suite

 dts/framework/config/conf_yaml_schema.json    |   3 +-
 dts/framework/remote_session/testpmd_shell.py |  94 ++++++
 dts/tests/TestSuite_checksum_offload.py       | 288 ++++++++++++++++++
 create mode 100644 dts/tests/TestSuite_checksum_offload.py

--
2.44.0

* [RFC v1 0/2] dts: initial checksum offload suite
@ 2024-08-12 13:39 Dean Marx