On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 9:30 PM Ajit Khaparde wrote: > > On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 12:07 PM Thomas Monjalon wrote: > > > > 28/06/2023 18:35, Ajit Khaparde: > > > On Sat, Jun 10, 2023 at 11:33 AM Thomas Monjalon wrote: > > > > More important, you are doing huge update of many different things > > > > in one patch. > > > > It looks like you don't want the community to follow what you are doing. > > > Actually, no. > > > As I mentioned above, most of the truflow files are auto generated. > > > The reason for bundling some of the changes together was to avoid > > > multiple patches hitting the mail server patch size limit. > > > We thought it might be better to take the patch size hit on one patch > > > instead of multiple patches. > > > > I don't see how it is better to have one huge patch > > than multiple big ones. > Well, its debatable now, considering we are having this discussion. > But as I said, the current design of the truflow generator scripts tend to make > a lot of changes even for a small modification or adjustment to the code. > We had patches which were moving around the same lines of code because > of the script. That's why we decided to take this approach. > We could try to split the patch with the template changes, but that may take > time and we are closing in on rc3 date. Patches applied to dpdk-next-net-brcm. Thanks > > > > > > > > > > > > > We are working on some design changes to the auto generation scripts > > > which will avoid big churn in the template patches in the future. > > > > > >