On Tue, Jan 26, 2021 at 7:05 PM Xueming(Steven) Li wrote: > ::::[snip]:::: > The patch of device SF capability, but seems I misunderstood your suggestion. > Let me explain process to create a SF: > 1. SF can be created on the fly with scripts, unlike VF which is statically pre-created. > 2. SF is created on a PF with a SF number. SF number is named per PF, different PF may have same SF number. > 3. For standalone PF, hot plug to DPDK using "PF#_BDF,representor=sf#", no need to use pf#sf# here. > 4. For bonding netdev, hot plug to DPDK using "PF0_BDF,representor=pf#sf#" > If using new api to return all representor IDs, need some way locate the new created SF by PF and SF number, > that's why "pf#sf#" is used in this patch set. > > In the future, I think representor could be processed by PMD, so PMD could have enough flexibility > to support more device expressions and types. But that will introduce a fundamental change of devargs and > device management, need a full plan. Do you mean all changes will be contained within the PMD? The fundamental changes will be in the PMD? More types of what? > > > > >Andrew. >