Hi Alexander, Glad to see the response from the community on this thread. Thanks for the information, I will go through the code that you pointed out. Does Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU C37xx support the optimized power state mode? Is there a chance of losing packets(rx-miss in NIC) in the low power mode? Thanks & Regards, Rajasekhar On Mon, Mar 13, 2023 at 9:44 PM Alexander Kozyrev wrote: > Hi Rajasekhar, Power Management API can “put the CPU into optimized power > state and monitor the Ethernet PMD RX descriptor address, waking the CPU up > whenever there’s new traffic”. > > Please take a look at the rte_power_monitor() and dpdk-l3fwd-power > application example to see if it works for you. What platform do you use? > It is only supported on recent Intel CPUs and ARMs. > > > > Regards, > > Alex > > > > *From:* Rajasekhar Pulluru > *Sent:* March 10, 2023 15:57 > *To:* dev@dpdk.org > *Subject:* Dpdk packet reception > > > > Hi Team, > > > > Would like to know if dpdk has a select(fd)/epoll(fd) like mechanism to > wake-up the application (say rx-pthread) asynchronously upon packet > reception without enabling rxq interrupts? > > > > I can't afford to lose a cpu-core polling continuously to check for > packets using rte_eth_rx_burst.And I only have 1 core to receive packets > from multiple ports.I don't want to use usleep of fixed timeout between > rte_eth_rx_burst api invocation, as it potentially could lead to packets > being rx-missed in 1 or more ports. > > > > Thanks & Regards, > > Rajasekhar >