* [dpdk-dev] Multicast MAC Filter Test Case
@ 2020-07-02 13:26 Owen Hilyard
From: Owen Hilyard @ 2020-07-02 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, dts, qi.z.zhang, Thomas Monjalon, matan, stephen, jerinj,
	xiaolong.ye, suanmingm, kalesh-anakkur.purayil, pbhagavatula,
	david.marchand, dekelp, bruce.richardson, ferruh.yigit, mk,
	viacheslavo

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions regarding testing the
multicast mac filter. My current plan is to send a frame and check it's not
received, then add the multicast address to the filter and send another
frame, checking that it is received. Suggestions of other test cases for
this feature are also welcome.

Thanks for your help,
Owen Hilyard

* Re: [dpdk-dev] Multicast MAC Filter Test Case
@ 2020-07-03  9:11 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-07-03  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Owen Hilyard
  Cc: dev, dts, qi.z.zhang, matan, stephen, jerinj, suanmingm,
	kalesh-anakkur.purayil, pbhagavatula, david.marchand, dekelp,
	bruce.richardson, ferruh.yigit, mk, viacheslavo

02/07/2020 15:26, Owen Hilyard:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions regarding testing the
> multicast mac filter. My current plan is to send a frame and check it's not
> received, then add the multicast address to the filter and send another
> frame, checking that it is received. Suggestions of other test cases for
> this feature are also welcome.

You can check that unicast is still working.
You can check bradcast behaviour.
You can test different ranges and flags of multicast addresses.

I wonder which kind of environment or configuration change
could have a side effect on multicast.
Any ideas about more complex test cases?